Mounts for portfolio

Name
Harry
Edit My Images
Yes
Hi all

Im putting together a portfolio of my work with around 40-50 12x8 inch prints and would like to mount them. I have little idea about mounts other than struts which i use thousands off but there not really ideal for portfolios. So any suggestions on a straight forward way to use mounts and a good place to order them ?

PS the photos are all motorsport so something to set them off would be nice...

Thanks
Harry

Dont forget a mounted portfolio of between 40-50 images will be very heavy and quite bulky.

If you are going to mount them is recommend getting some plastic bags as well to stop the mounts getting covered in finger marks. Cotswold mounts do them.

That said, that's quite a lot of images for a printed portfolio and as the previous poster said, 50 mounted prints will be pretty bulky (especially if you dry mount them to a backing board and then a window mount on top). Why not consider a book or a print box for that quantity?

thanks for the replys folks, ill look into the options. hadnt really thought of the logistics of carrying 50 mounted prints around, a book maybe the way forward...

I got two of these from Amazon, Mapac Professional Presenter Cases - A3 , each one holds 40 pictures. The leaves are fixed so you can't add additional ones.

Back