Mournes, Co Down

Name
Peter Barber
Edit My Images
Yes
A few from the Mournes in Co. Down taken on Saturday. The conditions were absolutely perfect. This is my first time here, absolutely stunning location.

3266398261_499a0e45ed_o.jpg

3267224364_d8af972c36_o.jpg

3267224658_824f5c1da7_o.jpg

Great set. Really like no.3 but the whole group are very nice. Looks like a fantastic location. Well done.

Great set. Really like no.3 but the whole group are very nice. Looks like a fantastic location. Well done.

Thanks for the response, it is an absolutely stunning location, with the blue skies and the snow, it was perfect conditions, considering the weather we have been having.

Well worth a visit.

Very nice indeed :)

Nit picking the wall in the second one and foreground ice in the third are a bit overpowering but still good.

Very nice indeed :)

Nit picking the wall in the second one and foreground ice in the third are a bit overpowering but still good.

Nit pick away Robert, here to learn, but what do you mean by overpowering, too dominant in the shot, or is it something else.

Thanks
Peter

Just competing a bit for what is the subject. A step to the right and it is a wall and fence leading your eye to a mountain. As it is it is nearly a picture of a wall with a mountain in the background. Same with the ice - there is a view in the distance. Is the ice the subject or the view?

Doesn't matter too much really as it all looks good anyway :)

Very nice shots, I've always wanted to go and photograph in the Mournes and Sperrin's but never have!

Same with the ice - there is a view in the distance. Is the ice the subject or the view?

Doesn't matter too much really as it all looks good anyway

For me, I saw this as a shot of the ice with the scenery as a backdrop. The ice seems like a perfectly good subject and where better to shoot it.....but as robert says, it would work either way and there will always be people that prefer one idea over the other.

awesome captures. Really shows off the beauty of the place! i like the way the ice is shown in the last 1.

Number one for me. Great contrast and colours. Very dramatic. You'd have thought it was Scotland! Lovely jubbly!

Very nice shots, I've always wanted to go and photograph in the Mournes and Sperrin's but never have!

Stephen,

Definately recommend it, great spot. All for the sperrins next, we should try and get an outing organised.

Yeah Id be up for a outing somewhere to go take some landscape photographs!

hi there
this is a beutifull place... i did the mourne mountain walk some thirty years ago and loved it ...brings back good memorys.
thanks for the post...
very good photos too
mickytwoknives

I really like the composition in all three, particularly #1 & #3, #1 being my favourite.

Back