Mouse wheel

Name
Graham
Edit My Images
Yes
This has been annoying me for quite some time now, got Vista and recently installed Service Pack 1 which had almost brought my system to a halt on startup but now running better.

However, my mouse wheel is playing up in that when scrolling it starts going eratically in the opposite direction. I've heard this can be a common problem but can't seem to fix it. I've tried different mice, uninstalling and reinstalling the drivers, trying different USB ports etc but no joy. Has anyone else had this issue or know how to fix it?

Could it be something simple like dirty contacts inside the mouse or a piece of hair somewhere it shouldn't be?

What model of mouse is it? Have you checked you've got the latest drivers for it?

Have you tried with a different mouse?

Tried different mice and they all had the same problem. Word on the net seems like quite a few others are having the same problem and Microsoft don't appear to have released a fix via update or anything.

Bought a new Logitech wireless one today as they tend to have good support with drivers etc online as opposed to a generic make and after installing the drivers all is working great! It must be the built in windows drivers that are a bit iffy as all the mice I previously used were using windows drivers.

Thanks for the replies though, never knew how much I'd miss the mouse wheel until now! lol

Back