moutain

Edit My Images
No
nature_083-550.jpg

thank you for comments

Now that I do like!!

You have done great here, the path leads you into the picture and then the many different layers lead you around the scene all toped of by the mountains in the distance. You have managed to capture the scale and majesty of the area and show us a beautiful picture.

Its worthy of being hung on the wall.

Seberri, leaving aside Ansel Adams great photography skills, to get that silver grey finish from your digital camera files take a look at the converting to black and white tutorial I wrote here and then pay special attention to your contrast saturation and brightness settings during the finishing stages.

I would use the curves to manipulate these areas as it gives much more control but there is also a great degree of fear and general lack of understanding of how this tool works. Never be afraid to experiment and don’t forget that a Google search will return many results to help guide you through.

I would write a tutorial for you but I am currently to busy doing work on the website to be able to do this justice..still one for the future.

i am allready using lab for curve and contrast .. it's give from far the best result .. also for sharpening on L only

I don't know if I can paste the link here but a few tutorirals are very good on luminous-landscape

and from gray scale converting i allways use Channels method

and for sepia convertion : Pantone Trichrome

but thanks a lot for the link

I am glad that you are trying different conversion methods and can see a difference in the output from each. Bearing in mind the rest of what you have written above it seems your level of Photoshop skill is such that curves must be the way forward to fine tune your pictures to get the results you are looking for.

yes curves are very interresting .... to be good an image must have a failure somewhere in the normal line

Really nice seberri, great shot :thumb:

seberri said:
same moment same place

nature_020_sepia.jpg

Well it's OK, but it lacks the sheer depth and atmospheric scale of the first one.

Back