Move with the wind

jgs001

Brian Cox
Name
John
Edit My Images
Yes
I tried an experiment to try and capture the movement of the leaves in a tree with the wind (I saw this somewhere, but I can't remember where, a Mag I think). I'm not totally convinced by this.. but...

I ended up using the 10stop (a first time for everything, not the first attempt, but the first result that was something other than a totally blurred mess, all of it, not the bits I wanted blurred) to get a longer exposure.

IMG_6791.jpg

Any thoughts and comments welcome, is this something worth pursuing further ?

Sorry mate doesn't work for me at all.
It looks like you have been at it with the blur tool.
I much prefer your astro stuff (y)

I like it. For me the balance between the strong comp of the trunk/branches and movement in the leaves is just about bang on. The colours work, it feels fresh and I like the angle.

If anything I think you need more movement. Slow it down more and lets see what that looks like (y)

Thanks for the comments guys... that's certainly split opinion ;)... I guess I may have missed the wind, this was already a 30 second exposure, so I'm not sure a longer one is the right way to go... perhaps I need either a windier day, or a more flexible tree :thinking:

Sorry, doesn't work for me.
The blur doesn't seem to suggest movement.

thanks for commenting Paul... I guess it needs the branches to be swaying more, and that means a less sturdy tree... hmm...

Back