Movember Revisited

Name
Alex
Edit My Images
No
I took some photos of a friend who grew an impressive tash for Movember..a couple months later I got round to putting the finishing touches to them

simple 1 light set up in my living room with some texture work in PS (my walls dont look like that) oh an extremely willing friend who was all to comfortable in character.

Appreciate any feedback

IMG_7184 by Alex Toze, on Flickr

IMG_7202 by Alex Toze, on Flickr

IMG_7280 by Alex Toze, on Flickr

IMG_7283 by Alex Toze, on Flickr

Love the lighting and processing.

In terms of the 'feel' - the first two poses seem like 'nice' posed catalogue shots which sort of contradict the gritty style and model.

3 and 4 are totally different. Much more intense and fitting the subject.

I really like the starkness of 4 but, despite not being as 'punchy' - for the eyes - number 3 is my favourite.

PS - they remind me of Charlie Bronson.

Last edited:
Thanks Dinners, yes the latter shots were later in the shoot, and I think this shows in the poses, he relaxed a lot more and really got into the swing of things, the first 2 were right at the beginning and it obviously shows..shoots can take while to kick off, even with close friends.

Yeah I love number 3, I added the cage in after and I think it helps, puts him in where he should be, locked up lol!

thanks for the comments

Love the processing on these. Whilst 3 is my pick for the mystery and intreague as much as anything I do like 4 as well (y)

Back