Movement in dance.

really cool shot Dave, how've you done that?

Slow shutter speed with continuous lighting to give the movement, and rear curtain flash sync to finish off, though it is not contributing much at all in this particular image.

And don't forget the dancer to make the shape!

I'd guess is very difficult to capture that and as a photographer it's a lot of work into it. Looks more like a picture and not a shot though.

It would indeed Simon, it was a first attempt at showing the movement of the dancer and the material, and we learned a lot for the next session. I really need to set up a screen so we can better judge shots as we go, and
that material had a life all of its own
Thanks for the comment.

It would indeed Simon, it was a first attempt at showing the movement of the dancer and the material, and we learned a lot for the next session. I really need to set up a screen so we can better judge shots as we go, and
that material had a life all of its own
Thanks for the comment.

The ability to shoot tethered was one of my reasons for a change of camera system.. I look forward to seeing your next set of results :)

overall the shot emits the dynamic of the melevi in turkey...more spiritual than artistic
its a great shot in this respect....the dancer is not the subject here but what the dance eminates
well taken
cheers
geof

Back