Beginner Movie making software

Name
Ben
Edit My Images
Yes
Morning all we got married a couple of weeks ago and only had a photographer as I didn't want it videoed anyway last night one of the bridesmaids came over and to our amazement she had been videoing throughout the day! She's attempted to stitch all the clips in to like a movie with sound over the top and basically it's amazing but .... she's never done it before and could do with some tweaks with better software!

The problem is Windows Movie maker for some reason won't work as some of the video clips are just black but the same clips in a trial version of a different software work fine.

I'm looking for recommendations as to which software to get so she can finish the video off properly?

I have the photographers pack PS subscription is there something I can add to that?

If you want something easy, go for Premier elements. Free trial download on the Adobe site

The problem with black frames in Movie Maker is usually caused by the software hanging up. If you are applying stabilisation leave it until last, though do it before adding any titles. If you save the project then open it again the black frames should disappear, though it sometimes takes time while it loads all the clips, and the black frames will remain until everything has loaded.

I have recently started using Hitfilm4 which is a much better program than Movie Maker and is also free. Not as intuitive as Movie Maker but much easier to get to grips with than Shotcut (another very good free program )

Has any one used Sony Vegas ! ?
Not recently, but when I was using it I found it very straightforward and did everything I needed it to do.

Back