MPB - feel a liitle annoyed!!

JJ!

Edit My Images
No
So got a quote for my as new D750 (less than 200 shots) and they quoted £840.

Received an email saying it was only classed as excellent as it had done 17,952 shutter actions and they were lowering quote too £720!

I have declined the offer and asked for it to back, nad then I can update this thread even further with the actual shutter count!!

I do hope you made a note of your camera serial number before sending ??

Might just be a genuine mistake and they have inspected the wrong camera.
Hardly likely anyone would say "ok then" if they knew for certain their camera had such a low shutter count

Was the £840 the auto quote via their website?

As in did you say it met their nearly new criteria yet it didn’t?

I’ve had exctservuce from them. Payment within a week and they recently sent me back a battery that I accident left in my camera so no complaints here.

Was the £840 the auto quote via their website?

As in did you say it met their nearly new criteria yet it didn’t?

I’ve had exctservuce from them. Payment within a week and they recently sent me back a battery that I accident left in my camera so no complaints here.

Via website. It was as new. 200 max indoor shots only. No marks, would pass as new. Fully boxed with all bits and most extras still sealed!

Via website. It was as new. 200 max indoor shots only. No marks, would pass as new. Fully boxed with all bits and most extras still sealed!
Odd that they have said it was over 17k, did you or they do the shutter count software and was it new when you bought it.

Did you check the shutter count before you sent it? Or assuming is was max 200?

Did you check the shutter count before you sent it? Or assuming is was max 200?

When I last checked it was one hundred and something, and took a couple of shots after that.

Odd that they have said it was over 17k, did you or they do the shutter count software and was it new when you bought it.

Brand new. Very high serial number too.

Brand new. Very high serial number too.
Then that’s really odd. Did you check the shutter count when you bought it? I recently bought a brand new camera (grey) and first thing I did was take a single shot and run it through the Nikon shutter count. It said ‘1’.

Sounds like a genuine mistake and they’ve got the camera mixed up with another one. Never had any issues with MPB myself, they’re a good company as far as I’m concerned.

Then that’s really odd. Did you check the shutter count when you bought it? I recently bought a brand new camera (grey) and first thing I did was take a single shot and run it through the Nikon shutter count. It said ‘1’.

Just got one of the last photos I took checked and it was at 308 so i was 100 out, so this surely must be them checking the wrong camera.

Serial number is one of the latest starting with 617

Just got one of the last photos I took checked and it was at 308 so i was 100 out, so this surely must be them checking the wrong camera.

Serial number is one of the latest starting with 617

Are you basing the Shutter Count on the photo numbers or an actual shutter count check?

Are you basing the Shutter Count on the photo numbers or an actual shutter count check?

Actual shutter count check - alos confirmed by the kind folk on here.

If I had taken nearly 18,000 photos I think I would have known about it!

Actual shutter count check - alos confirmed by the kind folk on here.

If I had taken nearly 18,000 photos I think I would have known about it!

No worries.

My Brother bought a camera he thought was new and photos were coming back as photo 1 etc. But an actual shutter count was in the 1000's. Turns out it was a refurbished theyd sent by mistake.

Think I would have asked them to recheck it, sounds like human error.

Back