MPB

Hi. How long does their inspection process usually take?

I sent them some gear on Monday that they received on Tuesday this week.

I’ve not heard anything yet. I’m obviously keen to get paid for it.

Thx.
You should have heard from them by now.
Check your junk folder....

Thx.

Usually they claim 2 - 3days but I'm not convinced :)

@Hunc, similar situation here..... sent items in on Monday, received on Tuesday. It was a full Nikon apc kit, so I'm not so surprised that it has taken a bit longer. I think that I will worry if not heard by early next week.

Thx.
I imagine you'll hear from them by early next week. In light of a recent thread on TP, perhaps it's taking a little more time to check stock when it arrives now? Particularly if they're working with reduced staff levels due to social distancing and they've had a bit of a rush on stuff coming in. The joys of running a business.

Last edited:
Thanks for the replies. I know some dealers like LCE leave packets unopened for 3 days as a Covid precaution so maybe this is similar.

They should really just tell us correct timescales so we don’t worry rather than say 2-3 days and miss it.

The process up to the quote and arranging collection was all very efficient so hopefully all will move forward on Monday or Tuesday and I’ll be paid by the end of the week.

I have some more quotes for other kit but wanted to do one tester first!

I’ve had stuff paid for the day after arrival with them and others that have taken a week to pass inspection. Depends on workload I guess plus, as you say, Covid will likely have an effect one way or another.

I sent my Fuji gear to them on Thursday and got the email to say it arrived on Friday lunchtime. I’m not expecting any news until mid or late next week. Afaik, they don’t work weekends.

I'm currently on day 5 of waiting for my gear to be inspected. I did ring them yesterday as to why the email said 2-3 days and they said there was a backlog due to covid etc

Hi @Hunc

Send me a message with your transaction number and I'll take a look for you.

Zac

All fine thanks Zac.

Email received first thing today confirming all checked. Then another saying payment sent. And...... money now all received in my bank account.

Brilliant!

Exactly as for @Hunc. Emails arrived today confirming all checked and payment made. Overall I'm pleased with the process and service. Thanks MPB.

Now on to spending the money!

I’m waiting on my next sale to them now. Collected Thursday and delivered to them Friday morning.

Its now Wednesday evening and it hasn’t been reviewed yet.

They‘re clearly not hitting the ‘2-3 days‘ that they quote.

Hoping for tomorrow! Fingers crossed.

I‘m selling a lot of my old EF gear but doing it a bit at a time once the payment for the previous pieces have been paid. Could take a while!

I’m waiting on my next sale to them now. Collected Thursday and delivered to them Friday morning.

Its now Wednesday evening and it hasn’t been reviewed yet.

They‘re clearly not hitting the ‘2-3 days‘ that they quote.

Hoping for tomorrow! Fingers crossed.

I‘m selling a lot of my old EF gear but doing it a bit at a time once the payment for the previous pieces have been paid. Could take a while!
Might be worth listing some of it on here and see if there are any takers, if it's in good nick and full working order?

Have bought and sold to them in the past (pre covid) and all went well and they agreed my stated condition ..... so overall I'm pleased with them ... and suggest them to others when asked.

Agreed. They seem very good and so far they’ve accepted my condition assessments.

Hopefully I’ll hear today.

What courier company do they use? If it is Hermes then anyone would be lucky to see them on the day or even that week.

Gear received Monday morning, still not checked
Unimpressed with the service, 2-3 days it most certainly isn't

I was a bit miffed with there service this time, took 5 days to get a response back and I bought a lens from them 2 months ago which they described as like new, I used it once and took great care with it like all my gear and they valved it as used! I couldn't be bothered arguing as I wanted to purchase a new camera.

It took exactly one week this time for me from the day they received it.

Received Friday. Approved and paid the following Friday.

Not too bad.

I have another item with them that they received Tuesday. Hoping they process it before the lockdown.

I was going to keep selling but with the lockdown I’m not sure if they’ll be impacted. Will hold off for now.

It took exactly one week this time for me from the day they received it.

Received Friday. Approved and paid the following Friday.

Not too bad.

I have another item with them that they received Tuesday. Hoping they process it before the lockdown.

I was going to keep selling but with the lockdown I’m not sure if they’ll be impacted. Will hold off for now.

How long did this take in the end? They received a bunch of stuff from me on November 4th, not heard anything yet though.

How long did this take in the end? They received a bunch of stuff from me on November 4th, not heard anything yet though.

Sorry. I just saw this.

My last three sales to MPB have taken 8-9 calendar days from collection to payment.

Hopefully you received your payment through ok.

I’m told that they’re operating normally during lockdown so have booked a collection for tomorrow. Fingers crossed that is processed as previously.

WEX, in my experience, usually complete the process from picking it up to payment within 48 hours. They are transparent, and fair and to me - even if on the odd occasion they haven’t quite matched MPB for price - that matters. I trust them and so I now deal with them. Of course your sale items either need to include one item they will pay cash for, ( then they will pay cash for the whole lot) or you have to be happy with a trade in or store credit which isn’t always the case

Last edited:
Yes ish.. In the end they offered me far less for my gear and if I wanted to get my gear back I had to pay the return postage, otherwise some good products at fair prices.

MPB received my stuff on the 4th, funds paid on 12th and cleared on the 13th. Some way off the 3-4 days it says in their email, but got there in the end!

MPB received my stuff on the 4th, funds paid on 12th and cleared on the 13th. Some way off the 3-4 days it says in their email, but got there in the end!
Well, they've had my gear a week, as of today, so lets see if they keep to their 5 days turnaround they claim in their email.

Ok perhaps I'm beginning to understand some of the complaints on here now. Its been a while since I've used them and my experience in the past has always been positive but its 9 days since they've received my gear and still no sign of the money. Pretty much fobbed off on the chat with a standard reply and a promise to speed it along. But, I'm really not confident in their service and their reassurances at all.

Well, I have decided to use MPB for the very first time.................quote reasonable................collection booked..................packing the items tomorrow........DPD Collection on Thursday........release some money towards my GAS :thinking: :giggle:................no idea what effect leaving the EU is going to have on new camera gear :(

PS need to get some bits to make sure they are packed 'the way I would wish to receive a parcel', so shops tomorrow to get the missing stuff.

PPS I can't recall the last time I had a courier collect from my home, let alone which service it was, so with in the case of DPD used by MPB......does the driver give you any receipt/paperwork confirmation that he had indeed collected the parcel(s)???

Last edited:
Use DPD lots of times never had a problem, on pickup the driver will give you a little red card with a number on which is your receipt.

Ok perhaps I'm beginning to understand some of the complaints on here now. Its been a while since I've used them and my experience in the past has always been positive but its 9 days since they've received my gear and still no sign of the money. Pretty much fobbed off on the chat with a standard reply and a promise to speed it along. But, I'm really not confident in their service and their reassurances at all.

An all too familiar scenario Steve, I won't ever use these people again :) false promises on a daily basis - try WEX is my advice

Last edited by a moderator:
I used to work for a company called MXV based un Uckfield Est Sussex. (They went out of business around 2005)

The equipment that used to come in for sale or to be sold on a commission basis was always given a thorough check over under good light and the average time was around 15-20 mins. (More for large format equipment) If it was a direct sale or part exchange for already reserved equipment usually the goods or cash went out that day before 3 pm. Any later it was the next day. With commission sales the owner had to wait 14 days after it was actually sold. As far as I can remember we never had a complaint about slow payment.

Well, I have decided to use MPB for the very first time.................quote reasonable................collection booked..................packing the items tomorrow........DPD Collection on Thursday........release some money towards my GAS :thinking: :giggle:................no idea what effect leaving the EU is going to have on new camera gear :(

PS need to get some bits to make sure they are packed 'the way I would wish to receive a parcel', so shops tomorrow to get the missing stuff.

PPS I can't recall the last time I had a courier collect from my home, let alone which service it was, so with in the case of DPD used by MPB......does the driver give you any receipt/paperwork confirmation that he had indeed collected the parcel(s)???
Yeah the driver will give you a receipt.

I just sold them some lenses and a Nikon D810. Their quote was better than WEX on every item by more than 10% and of course with WEX you get store credit whereas MPB pay cash. The transcation was easy, the collection was as arranged and I had the money 3 days after collection. I also purchased a 2nd hand lens from them that was described as like new and it really was.

Fairly sure the MPB website said that DPD give a 1 hour collection slot. I have the email confirming collection tomorrow but timing is 9am to 6pm.......do they 'update' in the morning with such a 1 hour slot or not???

PS all boxed, securely taped & labelled in readiness.

PPS the documentation does not say to put sender details on the box......has anyone done that anyway?

Last edited:
Fairly sure the MPB website said that DPD give a 1 hour collection slot. I have the email confirming collection tomorrow but timing is 9am to 6pm.......do they 'update' in the morning with such a 1 hour slot or not???

Did you receive an email from dpd? Goes like this...

We will send your 1 hour time slot as soon as your parcel leaves the local depot, this is usually by 11:00am.

Did you receive an email from dpd? Goes like this...

We will send your 1 hour time slot as soon as your parcel leaves the local depot, this is usually by 11:00am.

The only email from DPD so far says this:-

Your MPB parcel will be collected
TOMORROW
between
09:00 - 18:00

Followed by my home address......what you are showing above is the 'type' I am used to seeing for a delivery (your quote mentioned parcel leaving their depot ;) )

PS I regularly see a DPD van making its deliveries......but does the same van make the collection?

Last edited:
Back