MPB

Name
Chris
Edit My Images
Yes
I couldn't see a thread now they no longer have a dedicated sub forum, has anyone used them recently?

Had a lens collected last Thursday by DPD, hadn't had confirmation of it arriving with them, chased up and apparently it's being held for delivery to their warehouse this Friday. Eh?! Add that to the 7-8 working day processing time and it's likely to be nearly 3 weeks before payment.

Also ordered a lens last Friday, had a vague email this week saying they have an 'operational delay' and are unable to send it on schedule (but haven't provided a new delivery date), so that's in limbo too.

I couldn't see a thread now they no longer have a dedicated sub forum, has anyone used them recently?

Had a lens collected last Thursday by DPD, hadn't had confirmation of it arriving with them, chased up and apparently it's being held for delivery to their warehouse this Friday. Eh?! Add that to the 7-8 working day processing time and it's likely to be nearly 3 weeks before payment.

Also ordered a lens last Friday, had a vague email this week saying they have an 'operational delay' and are unable to send it on schedule (but haven't provided a new delivery date), so that's in limbo too.
This may be DPD rather than MPB. I dropped something off at my local DPD pickup shop a few weeks ago and they just left it sitting there for days. Eventually went to the shop and got it back so I could post it instead.

As posted almost a month ago,
MPB are no longer a paying advertiser.

I also have a package sent to them last week, it also shows delivery requested for 7/4 ie Good Friday??
queried with them and they replied
“we are experiencing technical issues at this time “

the MPB forum shows an error now. Will it be available? It’s important that people can
see other people’s experiences with them - good and bad.

the MPB forum shows an error now. Will it be available? It’s important that people can
Personally I can’t see why they would now qualify for a special forum - anyone can comment on experiences with any company from within the general forum.

No it's gone for good.
They paid for a forum, they are no longer paying, so its gone.

I ordered some kit from them last week, got an email saying there was a delay due to logistical difficulties so I cancelled. They were good about it and refunded immediately. Re-ordered the same stuff from WEX and got it the next day (slightly cheaper). Don't know what's going on at MPB at the moment but I'll steer clear for the time being.

Yep I was aware, I was more so surprised that there were seemingly no experience threads left / created in the meantime...but there is now :)

I ordered some kit from them last week, got an email saying there was a delay due to logistical difficulties so I cancelled. They were good about it and refunded immediately. Re-ordered the same stuff from WEX and got it the next day (slightly cheaper). Don't know what's going on at MPB at the moment but I'll steer clear for the time being.

A shame there is no mention of this whatsoever on their site (for example I was able to schedule collection for a week ago, one that's apparently now in limbo), if I could just take my lens back and sell it elsewhere I would at this point.

I've asked to cancel my 'missing' order so will see how that goes too.

I was more so surprised that there were seemingly no experience threads left / created in the meantime...but there is now :)
Never smile at a crocodile, while it holds all the teeth. :)
We are discussing whether we give them a platform or not.
At the moment, it's seems unfair to single them out, good or bad, while we have so many other supporters and affiliates to consider.

Last edited:
We've now had time to discuss this, and for one reason or another, the thread is now open.

Last week I posted to them by their carriers a lens.
I had an email from them telling me they had received the lens, they also said they were having technical problems and I should here from them on Wednesday.
I have had no communications from them since then.

Last edited:
Update! It seems things are moving, the lens collected a week ago has now arrived at their warehouse, check/payment expected by April 21st, which is pretty shocking but nothing I can do about that now.

The order I placed a week ago and asked to cancel due to the delay has also been dispatched today, so good news/bad news there!

The camera/lens I ordered has arrived, took over a week but it did get here! Battery was completely dead, charged it up fully and only showing one bar in camera, so presumably an old and very well used one, died after setting up the menus!

How these things go unnoticed I have no idea.

3 days since they were confirmed they were 'looking into it' and no further forward with a battery that works. That's two weeks since I placed my order and no working camera, good times.

No payment for the lens collected on 30th March yet either, although still at least a week to go on that based on their own estimate.

Last edited:
3 weeks since ordering a camera and still no battery.

22 days from lens being collected to finally receiving payment, hurrah!

Mpb has certainly gone down the pan it use to be spot on I’ve used it for quite a few years but after this last carry on im having I’ll be looking elsewhere

To be fair, I recently bought two used lenses from them and both were exactly as described, VG and delivered quickly. Maybe it depends which side of a transaction you're on - I haven't sold them anything in quite a while.

Apparently they had a major incident at one of their locations a couple of weeks ago. No ill feeling here in that respect, must be a nightmare for a business, but the issue has been the communication. Absolutely nothing on their site to say things would be delayed during that period, no email to customers in process. They just pretended, from the outside looking in, to be running as usual, until you actually had gear going to of from them and realised it was anything but.

I ordered a 50-140mm Fuji f2.8 lens, arrived on Friday tried it over the weekend and there's obviously a fault with the lens ( I made a post in the Fuju owners thread about it) They say the check all lenses and offer a 6-month warranty.....Obviously didn't check this lens now I have the inconvenience of returning the lens. Doubt I will use them again, I Usually use E-Infinity. Also, it shows on chat they are online to help but I've waited for 5 hours with no reply as of yet

I ordered a 50-140mm Fuji f2.8 lens, arrived on Friday tried it over the weekend and there's obviously a fault with the lens ( I made a post in the Fuju owners thread about it) They say the check all lenses and offer a 6-month warranty.....Obviously didn't check this lens now I have the inconvenience of returning the lens. Doubt I will use them again, I Usually use E-Infinity. Also, it shows on chat they are online to help but I've waited for 5 hours with no reply as of yet
Isn't it a Bank Holiday in the UK today? Not surprised you haven't heard back...

Isn't it a Bank Holiday in the UK today? Not surprised you haven't heard back...
I was trying on Saturday and yes I'm not thick and know it's a bank holiday today, if you check the website you can chat with staff which said " last seen a few minutes ago"

I was trying on Saturday and yes I'm not thick and know it's a bank holiday today, if you check the website you can chat with staff which said " last seen a few minutes ago"
Reel your neck in - nobody said you are thick. You way you wrote sounded s if you were trying today.

small issue with MPB as a first time customer. An Item is quoted as new so I just ordered it A manfrotto MVH400AH tripod head. taking a second look after ordering I noticed the pictures advertising I didn't show the handle. Therefore I can only assume it is missing and not as advertised "AS NEW"
So went onto their message board to notify of cancellation and asked for refund and this is where the problem arises. It kept saying " An unexpected error occurred when submitting the form". It doesn't say what the error was which isn't very helpful, maybe their IT dept needs to update it

It doessnt. I completed it including ref number and my details correctly . So also email their sales email address

Maybe MPB should check their message board as it doesn't seem to work. Not a very good first experience with this company
y they are refunding my money just had on email

Last edited:
My recent sale of a lens took nearly a month before payment was made , the myriad of 4 day weeks due to bank holidays didn’t help .. I can’t understand why a company that is multi national can’t do overtime or weekend working …
Yes they paid out as stated but it’s stressful selling to them and you’re often better sticking to the likes of e.bay .

saying that above sometimes it’s a win win situation with mpb , i bought a manfrotto tripod earlier in the year from them at quite a good price when it turned up it came with a brand new case and a superb video head worth 3 times the cost of the tripod . Sold the case/ bag on e.bay which covered half my purchase price .. so swings and roundabouts

IMG_2893.jpegI’ve had a fairly positive experience with MPB I’ve sold a few items over the years with no issues i did get a Fuji 55-200 which had bad lens creeping with the zoom so got that returned and refunded no problems yet that’s was years ago… about a month ago i sold them my Canon gear which was delayed with DPD i took it to a local store drop off on a Thursday morning and it took them till at least Monday to collect it ‍♂️

Once it arrived with MPB they upped my quote on one of my items as they rated it as better than what I’d said so i got more money and they paid out the next day, I’m debating now to sell some of my Fuji gear to upgrade it buy listed here or just going to them so overall I’ve found them decent.

Another positive (so far) for MPB. I called to change an order etc and it seems they've really upped the number of customer service agents on the phone lines. My call was answered instantly and the agent wasn't only very helpful and patient (despite me making several errors in my order re. billing address etc) but took the time to ask me about my photography and what I shoot etc. A genuine pleasure

I have used MPB on numerous occasions both to sell and buy. I have never had anything but good service from them.

I was after a better walk around lens for my canon R7 as my sigma 17-70 f2.8-4 OSS HSM is not native to the R mount system. I noticed on the mpb website a canon efs 17-55 IS UMS which should perform like a native RF lens on the EF-RF adapter.

I traded my sigma in as like new ( because it is very, very clean and no marks ) and I was quoted a price ‘As New’.

When mpb received my lens I was notified it had a scratch on the inner rear lens, and therefore a lower price was tendered 13% lower !

I did ask fr a picture and was sent a photo od the rear lens. The so called scratch was not visible to the human eye.

I agreed and waited the EF-s to arrived and when it did it had an error code fault.

I returned the said lens and asked for my sigma to be returned, and to unwind the deal. However Mpb sales informed me I would have to buy back my lens at the full retail price on the website, as per their T&C’s and policy on used lens purchased. ! ! ! WTF !

I did buy back my own lens at full retail price on the mpb website, which was a lot more than my trade in value, minus a £10 voucher sales offered as a good will, thanks mpb
In all I paid over £70apx in all just to get my lens back from mpb !

What is the morale of this story, well never trade in your lens until you try and test the new lens from mpb.

Take lots of pictures of your trade in lens. As I had taken pictures of my sigma lens before I dispatched it and check it when it got back. I could not find the said scratch mpb informed me was on the rear lens.

I even used my 100mm L f2.8 macro lens and all I could see was micro fiber and dust from my cleaning clothe. I cleaned the rear lens it again, and small fibers where just in a different place on the rear lens.

I believe the said scratch was a fiber on the lens and at some angels it may look like a sratch ( I am trying to give mpb the benefit of the doubt )

Read up on the Distance Selling Act to make sure you know your rights.

I would like to mention that Rosie at mpb was a absolute star and helped me get my original lens back before someone could buy it on the website. With out her input I may have not managed to re-purchase my own lens back !

I had used mpb about 5 years ago to purchase a EVF for my NEX5R which I thought was a little over priced. What I was not impressed with at the time was a practically high P&P charged. Which made my purchase some what expensive !

Sorry for the essay !

My experience is that if you send them something to sell, they'll often find a 'fault' that you didn't know existed, whereas if you buy something from them, it will often have a genuine fault that they haven't bothered to mention. Thus overall there tends to be a bias in their favour. Perhaps this is the nature of trade, but the impression it gives seems a bit underhand.

Not my first choice of dealer.

I always thought that if you did a part exchange deal with MPB then the deal is not finalised/complete until both parties are satisfied, if at any time up until that point you should be able to pull out of the deal and get your original equipment back.

At least that how it has worked each time I have done a part exchange with them.

Mind you having said that over the last few years I have noticed a decline in the level of service from MPB

Mind you having said that over the last few years I have noticed a decline in the level of service from MPB
I heard the mantra "Success is the commonest cause of failure" a few times when I was working.

I think it's a warning along the same lines as "don't let success go to your head", which does happen in too many cases. :(

The bigger you get the easier it is to lose grip.

My experience is that if you send them something to sell, they'll often find a 'fault' that you didn't know existed, whereas if you buy something from them, it will often have a genuine fault that they haven't bothered to mention. Thus overall there tends to be a bias in their favour. Perhaps this is the nature of trade, but the impression it gives seems a bit underhand.

Not my first choice of dealer.

Perhaps I'm being overly cautious, but this is what really puts me off trading online. With WEX, or at least when it was Calumet, I could go into the local branch and have it pre-inspected in front of me.

Back