Daily Mr and Mrs West's Year of Change 366 for 2012 (366/366) -DONE!

Loving that shot - fav'd it over of 500px

Your best shot to date.

Okay, today's shot. I ummed and ahhed over whether to go with it as it's similar to yesterday, but a) it was taken today (well, one part of it) and b) it makes a nice companion piece with yesterday's. They're really One set of four - I did try a triptych, but I as two of them were taken yesterday I didn't know if they'd count.

24 Twenty Hours by DrHWest, on Flickr

Actually sod it - I think I prefer the Triptych.

20 Hours Triptych by DrHWest, on Flickr

Tomorrow will be Moral Decay.

Last edited:
The tri by a country mile - again fav'd on 500px :)

Great work...

Having a theme is honestly making the thing much more interesting because it's allowing me to think and be proactive rather reactive.

Mind you, I appear to have bought the Mushrooms That Will Not Go Off. Leftover from a stoganoff last week, went out of date on the 18th and been left out on the counter. They're still fine. At this rate I'll struggle for Friday's shot.

Last edited:
Those are very cool

Ah, then it must be Conner McShroom of the clan McShroom ;-)

That's an angry looking fella !

Weird, but it draws the eye ;)

Well played, I spotted them on flickr before here and I thought either this or one of the netting shots.

I demand that mug - NOW!!!!

Grumpy enough ;)

Nice use of blue too.

Feels a bit sad to finish the first month with something I'm not too happy about. But another very long day and no sleep leaves me in no position to really re-do it.

31 Blue Volcano by DrHWest, on Flickr

Might have another crack at a similar shot in a couple of weeks when I have the energy to set up some proper lighting.

Although, on closer inspection, I quite like this crop:

Blue Smoke by DrHWest, on Flickr

Or even this one:

A Study in Cerulean by DrHWest, on Flickr

Sorry for the mess in posting, I'm so tired I know I'm not making much sense. I'm going to go with the last one.

Last edited:
I love that third one :)

Very busy at work - two 16 hour days on the trot - but still found the time to take a piccie yesterday and today. Continuing the Blue theme, I've been looking at the two most common forms of blue light in a school.

First, stage lights and their odd effect on fluorescent materials:

32 Hi Viz by DrHWest, on Flickr

Secondly, the one that everyone at school sees and remembers:

33 Burner by DrHWest, on Flickr

Last edited:
Well done, its tough when work gets in the way :(

Ooo, blue face, stay up till midnight and you've tomorrows!

Last edited:
That is a really nice shot, really nice...

I do miss the old bunsen burners we used to use at school :( I have to say I love the simplicity of that last one (y) it works really well (y) as to the disappointment over the POTD31 we all have all have photo's like that :shrug: that we're not totally happy with :bonk:

Matt

That's nice, you got proper snow

For me 36 shoots, nice, simple and the shadows work - I find the other's background too distracting, I don't know if there was a cleared background but that would have been very good were it not for that.

It was a really rushed job I'm afraid, Matt. Mrs W has been in hospital for a few days, so my opportnuties to grab a shot between work and being on the ward has been very limited. However, just before they released her today, we got an added bonus of an extra scan, giving today's shot:

38 Thor: "...what could be seen of the eyes themselves..." by DrHWest, on Flickr

The title and quote is from the Prose Edda.

Without a doubt the first one for me, I missed yesterdays - Thor looks evil :D

Back