Mr Bumble

• Thread starter Deleted member 3428
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 3428

A big bumble bee going about its business.

Very clear, nice shot.
Flowers are abit bright though!

Again superb detail, What lens are you using for this and the fly shots ?
Thanks Scraggs, I use my Panasonic FZ8 with a Raynox dcr 250. It seems to be a nice combination.

lovely! i love the contrast between the light flower and dark background

You're very welcome! looking forard to you posting some more, you've set yourself a high standard with that one though, you've got to keep it up now!!! :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

You're very welcome! looking forard to you posting some more, you've set yourself a high standard with that one though, you've got to keep it up now!!! :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

I'll have to shot some ladybirds for you :) I have a few of a spider I might post later.

I quite agree with that chap.
The flowers are blown but that's one of the big downfalls of digital, the dynamic range is never wide enough to cover all tones in one shot. This needed a shot for the flower and a shot for the bee and merging the two so getting a hdr (high dynamic range) shot. too much hassle for posting on a forum, if I was going to do a high quality print this would be the way to go though.

The flowers are blown but that's one of the big downfalls of digital, the dynamic range is never wide enough to cover all tones in one shot. This needed a shot for the flower and a shot for the bee and merging the two so getting a hdr (high dynamic range) shot. too much hassle for posting on a forum, if I was going to do a high quality print this would be the way to go though.

That's one reason to try the new Capture One 4, the highlight recovery there is pretty good (I'd say very good but it depends on the shot).
Hell, I'd even pre-order that thing.

That's one reason to try the new Capture One 4, the highlight recovery there is pretty good (I'd say very good but it depends on the shot).
Hell, I'd even pre-order that thing.

Sorry Slapo, I've not any knowledge of that software. I have to spend a little time researching :bonk:

Thanks Slapo, I'll give it a looking at. Not sure it will work with the panasonic raw files though as cs2 doesn't :(

No panasonic support just checked :(

You might want to check http://www.isl.co.jp/SILKYPIX/english/download/ (the free version) or Raw Therapee - Raw Therapee is probably the nicest up to date editor now - good conversion quality, works with many brands and camera models. Ufraw isn't bad either, but there's no folder browsing and its noise handling isn't very good now (version 0.12.1).

I got Silkypix with my camera, its not too bad.

you sure about that?

I used to use cs2 with my fz30 raw files. Maybe your plug-in needs updating.

Thanks Gandhi last time I looked it was only being supported in CS3 and as I wasn't upgrading didn't bother to look any further. Now updated :D

Update not for FZ8 only fz50, L1 definitely doesn't work :crying:

You have a L1 as well? Nice :D
Haha no I don't have an L1 too, I meant the raw plugin was for the fz50 and L1 and it doesn't work with the fz8 sorry for the confusion.:embarrassed:

Back