Wild Mr Goosander

BRASH

fracster's right hand
Suspended / Banned
Edit My Images
No
A beautiful set there. I particularly like the 3rd showing a good 'bow wave' and the 5th for the excellent close up detail.

Simply stunning Brian (y) The pose of #4 is brilliant.

Those are fantastic pal, well exposed with good light on them.

They are very difficult to get near on the estates down here, so top marks for getting so close.

Love the bow wave on number 3, shame you chopped the full reflection, but a minor quibble.

Well done Brian - one of the best sets I've seen from you. Just goes to show that age isn't an impedement.......;)

Cheers everybody(y)

Excellent shots BRASH
I struggle to get half decent Goosander shots on the River Don due to the steep wooded banks.
Think I'll have to head across the city ;)

Mike

These (there were two males together) were quite easy to get down to. In fact I had to discard some shots as they were too full in the frame with the 500mm the birds were that close. Gimme a PM if you want to know where to get these I can tell you or show you. No guarantees they'll always be there but they're not usually too far away;).

nice set not a easy bird to expose for at all .nicely done

#3 is stunning,the water patterns in front of the duck really give it some movement.Nice one.

Simply an excellent set imo

Not easy getting that much eye detail and keeping the whites in check, I can't remember seeing a better set than these Brian :clap:

Hi Brash
I took a quick trip across the city to the Dee
Spotted the Goosanders near the Fishermen's Hut
Got a few shots but need to go back and try again.
Normally I keep my 70D on Auto ISO to assure a fast shutter speed when hand holding the Sigma 150-500
Today I tried at lower ISO settings but although I got some reasonable shots I'm still not all that pleased with them
Now that I know where to look I'll certainly be going back - this time without my hyper Springer LOL
Mike

Hi Brash
I took a quick trip across the city to the Dee
Spotted the Goosanders near the Fishermen's Hut
Got a few shots but need to go back and try again.
Normally I keep my 70D on Auto ISO to assure a fast shutter speed when hand holding the Sigma 150-500
Today I tried at lower ISO settings but although I got some reasonable shots I'm still not all that pleased with them
Now that I know where to look I'll certainly be going back - this time without my hyper Springer LOL
Mike

Aye, the dig is sometimes a disadvantage:D

Sometimes get Goldeneye doon there as well close in.

Thanks everybody for the kind comments.(y)

Cheers Bri;)

Back