MS Updates to Terms of Use....anyone else had the email

Edit My Images
No
Hi

I had a MS email this morning...

Hello,
You’re receiving this email because we are updating the Microsoft Services Agreement, which applies to one or more Microsoft products or services you use. We’re making these updates to clarify our terms and ensure that they remain transparent for you, as well as to cover new Microsoft products, services and features.
The Microsoft Services Agreement is an agreement between you and Microsoft (or one of its affiliates) that governs your use of Microsoft consumer online products and services.
You can read the entire Microsoft Services Agreement here. You can also learn more about these updates on our FAQs page here, including a summary of the most notable changes. The updates to the Microsoft Services Agreement will take effect on 15 Ju‍ne 20‍21. If you continue to use our products and services on or after 15 Ju‍ne 20‍21, you are agreeing to the updated Microsoft Services Agreement.
If you do not agree, you can choose to discontinue using the products and services, and close your Microsoft account before these terms become effective. If you are a parent or guardian, you are responsible for your child’s or teenager’s use of Microsoft products and services, including purchases.

There were three hyperlinks below this email body information > Services Agreement > Privacy Statement > FaQs

Apart from the OS and Edge and my unsuccessful attempts to use the MS Store I am unsure what this is about and though it appears to be genuine, I have checked the links and the headers and it all is from a subdomain of microsoft.com.

Not had anything myself. If they are updating their term and conditions let them crack on with it. You could probably safely ignore it. General rule of thumb, if they want details forget it.

Hi

I had a MS email this morning...

Hello,
You’re receiving this email because we are updating the Microsoft Services Agreement, which applies to one or more Microsoft products or services you use. We’re making these updates to clarify our terms and ensure that they remain transparent for you, as well as to cover new Microsoft products, services and features.
The Microsoft Services Agreement is an agreement between you and Microsoft (or one of its affiliates) that governs your use of Microsoft consumer online products and services.
You can read the entire Microsoft Services Agreement here. You can also learn more about these updates on our FAQs page here, including a summary of the most notable changes. The updates to the Microsoft Services Agreement will take effect on 15 Ju‍ne 20‍21. If you continue to use our products and services on or after 15 Ju‍ne 20‍21, you are agreeing to the updated Microsoft Services Agreement.
If you do not agree, you can choose to discontinue using the products and services, and close your Microsoft account before these terms become effective. If you are a parent or guardian, you are responsible for your child’s or teenager’s use of Microsoft products and services, including purchases.

There were three hyperlinks below this email body information > Services Agreement > Privacy Statement > FaQs

Apart from the OS and Edge and my unsuccessful attempts to use the MS Store I am unsure what this is about and though it appears to be genuine, I have checked the links and the headers and it all is from a subdomain of microsoft.com.
Had an email on Saturday...didn't even read it. I use Microsoft 365.

Yes I had it. I use windows server 2019. It’s the only MS product I use however.
Didnt read it mind, straight in the bin.

I had it, but filed it without reading it. Even if I didn't like it, what am I going to do?

Yep, had it, binned it, didn't read it.

As Boots says above, whaddya gonna do if you don't like the new terms?

For most people this is just house keeping (you can't sure ms if you can't call a fire engine via Skype etc). Clause 15 affects small businesses etc and is possibly worth reading. If you don't like it, you have 3 months to find alternative SW.

In general, nothing to worry about :)

Back