MSA Young Motorsport Photographer of the year 2011

congratulations!
love your drag strip work..

have to say though (and nothing personal to you) i never understood why the MSA allow the photographer and journalist awards to go to repeated winners. I thought the idea was to help new talent along and give them a leg up, but there have been quite a few repeat winners, some of who dont need a leg up any more.

Thanks for the kind words guys

congratulations!
love your drag strip work..

have to say though (and nothing personal to you) i never understood why the MSA allow the photographer and journalist awards to go to repeated winners. I thought the idea was to help new talent along and give them a leg up, but there have been quite a few repeat winners, some of who dont need a leg up any more.

As far as I know only me and drew have won it twice and the journalist award has never been won more than once.

I believe that they may be looking at changing the rules, and to be fair the MSA don't give it to you twice with out a fight you really have to push your self beyond what you used to win it last time to get a look in.

Honestly I kinda agree with you and understand your point that other people should be allowed to have the help but by the same token If I put the effort and drive in to produce something above and beyond the competition should I not be allowed to reap the rewards? I don't have access to anything that isn't open to every one else.

Not really disagreeing with you but not really agreeing with you and please don't feel like I'm trying to have an argument with you

I think the award is very well deserved. Your portfolio is truly a masterpiece and i don't think previous awards should nessicarily allow the outcome competition to be swayed, if you are the best then fair enough!

I would also agree with Gary, but equally if its earn't then who is to say you don't deserve even more help and recognition.

Just two things:

1) Congratulations!

2) Bloody excellent work!

/end

Thanks Guys , Looking forward to getting this season underway now!

Back