MSC Mirja

I like that. I'm finding images of boring old commercial shipping is beginning to take my interest - odd, I know :)

For me the image should either include the tug that is just out of shot on the left or the tow line needs to be cloned out and the tug's wash smoothed over - but that is a purely personal view.

My first ever proper job Tom was with MSC UK, back in the 90's.
I joined them just before they emerged as one of the worlds largest shipping companies and of course, nowdays the vessels are considerably larger.
Nice shot.

It's not sitting low in the water, does that mean the containers are empty o_O

I like that. I'm finding images of boring old commercial shipping is beginning to take my interest - odd, I know :)

For me the image should either include the tug that is just out of shot on the left or the tow line needs to be cloned out and the tug's wash smoothed over - but that is a purely personal view.

I would have included the tugs but I have to get these shots when I can & having only a phone camera is a bit of a limitation. Thanks for commenting. T

My first ever proper job Tom was with MSC UK, back in the 90's.
I joined them just before they emerged as one of the worlds largest shipping companies and of course, nowdays the vessels are considerably larger.
Nice shot.

Yep they have certainly grown Neil they dwarf the older traditional layout ships & carry a huge amount more cargo.

It's not sitting low in the water, does that mean the containers are empty o_O

There will certainly be empty containers on the ship but the other reason is that it is nowhere near fully loaded. However there is probably still around 11 meters of ship below the water!

Cheers T

the view from 8&9 :) I want to get one facing the way and get the big blue wall ;)

the lease companies are starting to move but the costs being placed are a little excessive for some LoL, I should say for the next few weeks I work for the blue line but don't hold that against me :(

No not at all, I hope your not going to suffer to much from the collapse. I havnt read to much lately but I know lots of people have been, got to feel sorry for the poor crews stranded on the ships!

It is a mess caused by politics could easily have been avoided, crews are suffering but now moving again as fund are secured to unload vessels, I also feel for individuals that have there lives stuck in the containers and agents that have abandoned them, we are working really hard to get them their stuff before we get laid off, I think this month will be our last, that's 17 years I wont get back!!

Back