MTB Pic (Just the one)

Edit My Images
No
Hi Peeps,

Just looking for some feedback on this one shot...

Alasdair MacLennan
alexmaclennan.jpg

Cheers :D

Last edited:
Cracking pic! would u care to explain what u used to catch it?
might have 2 give the MTB ago sumtime!!

Thanks PAS. I used 2 wireless flashes. Obviously one to the left, but there's a one to the right, on lower power.

Nikon D200 with the 12-24 DX lens. Shutter speed 1/20th.

:D

Nice capture, goes a little dark around the edges... which I suppose you intended it to do?
Just not my cup of team - the darkness.

Other than that, super shot and just have to ask if kept it handheld at the 1/20th..
Well done !!

Nice capture, goes a little dark around the edges... which I suppose you intended it to do?
Just not my cup of team - the darkness.

Other than that, super shot and just have to ask if kept it handheld at the 1/20th..
Well done !!

Well you've gotta try different things. The darkness isn't PP'd, just incase anyone's wondering. I could have balanced the light a bit more, but it was quite dark in there, and the brightness in the background probably won't of helped.

Yeah it was handheld. In those circumstances it's not actually that hard to do.

Glad you sort of like it though (y)

Well you've gotta try different things.
Yeah it was handheld. In those circumstances it's not actually that hard to do.

Glad you sort of like it though (y)

(y) handholding at 1/20 .... I was struggling with 1/50. And you still say it is easy.. .WOW!!:clap::clap:
Your hands must be steadier than mine..

And true, you do have to try different things...

Doesn't work for me I'm afraid. Even though you've shot at 1/20 there's very little motion blur on the wheels because of the lack of ambient light and the flashes have frozen them. Without some ambient there's not a great deal you could do about it though unless you upped the ISO. I like the composition though and the darkness to it (a kind of contradiction to what I was saying earlier I guess:shrug:).

Kev

I like the shot. (y)

I reckon you could lower the brightness level a bit.

Plus I'd shop out that white that trails behind his bum.

Back