Mudcycle

Forbiddenbiker

The Enforcer
Name
Adam
Edit My Images
Yes
Err. What do you think of this? :confused:

My mate is raving about this shot, I like it...sort off, but plan to go back and get the angles right. (I need wellies and a step ladder)

Its fun anyway I thought. :) I really feel the need to adjust this one (or a straight one) in PS in some way, but I can't decide...any thoughts?

mudcycle.jpg

I don't think it needs any PS treatment apart from maybe a slight sharpen and levels adjust, if that.

What it really needs is for the bike to be framed a bit better as it's kinda lost at the bottom of the shot andI nearly missed it the first time I looked at it.

But you knew that already!

Good eye for a shot!

i like the subject but personally i would crop from the bottom right hand corner to have the bike on the left of the frame and mud filling the rest.

i just had a little play with it on my machine and it works well in black and white too.

good spot that one :)

I like it with the bike on the left too.
I would have said a closer crop too though as it is kinda lost in the original pic.
Not too sure about black and white, as the mud needs to (IMO) have that brown colour to give it that muddy feel.

Well spotted though, great original shot :)

If you want to retain the original colours but remove the sheen then retake it with a polarizer on.

SammyC said:
If you want to retain the original colours but remove the sheen then retake it with a polarizer on.

:thumb:

Marcel, Sammy thanks for those tips.

A new Polarizer for this lens is on the list, along with several other things including replacing my Tamron, which does have a filter. :doh:

I best get one before I go back to this spot, it will make all the difference eh.

I'm pleased you like the concept of the shot.... It's appeal now seems to have grown on me because of your comments... which is nice. :D ;)

I'm pleased you like the concept of the shot....

I think it's more than the concept there that's spot on. I agree that when you see it as part of the web page here it doesn't really work. Download it and see it alone on a black screen in potatochop though and it's a gem.

The framing and the sheen of the mud are just bang on for me. :cool:

dazzajl said:
I think it's more than the concept there that's spot on. I agree that when you see it as part of the web page here it doesn't really work. Download it and see it alone on a black screen in potatochop though and it's a gem.

The framing and the sheen of the mud are just bang on for me. :cool:

Actually thats a very valid point that we often (we being the royal we meaning I) forget. A picture of photograph's impact can be significantly altered by a simple frame or even more so by the positioning of the final print.

As a photo here I think it is losing some of its impact but as others have said, in the right place I bet it almost smacks you in the face. I like it :)

Back