Mull Forest Stages

Name
Kenny Wilson
Edit My Images
Yes
Was doing radio on the Mull rally at the weekend but still managed a few photos
First effort at moving cars so be kind ! - not as bloomin easy as it looks mind, they don,t wait on you to get them in focus :)
some hints and tips for next time would be much appreciated as would comments on these ones
Last one was taken on the shore at Salen on the way back to the ferry (still a form of transport I suppose !) - at least this one is in focus ;)

DSC_0082-1.JPG

DSC_0032-1.JPG

DSC_0045-1.JPG

DSC_0024-1.JPG

DSC_0035-1.JPG

DSC_0088.JPG

My favourite is the Mitsubishi. Really unusual angle, but I think it works really well!

Thanks,
Bit of left foot braking from the driver just before crossing the bridge - you can see his brake lights are on but the tyres are still spitting out gravel
There is a lot more road to the left in the original but I thought it looked better cropped out

Good shots for a first time effort Kenny.
Like the Mitsi shot too.
Watch out for foreground distraction (shot 2 and 3 with the grass).
Other than that I'd have used eitrher a slower shutter speed to get some movement or a faster shutter speed to freeze the action. yours seem somewhere in between.

cheers,
Andy

The Evo shot is superb, nice to see something a little different. Agree on the distractions though, it works ok on the bridge shot but the grass is slightly off-putting.

On a general rally note, is there an up to date calendar of rally events in the UK? Been looking around but keep missing some of the smaller ones (i.e. Brean stages last weekend)

Thanks for the kind comments and I will take on board the advice re foreground distractions and shutter speeds
In my defence I had to listen carefully to the radio and jot down car nos. as they came past so not much time for taking photos !
TBH the Evo shot was just a fluke but I kinda liked it - a wee bit different as already mentioned

Still got LOADS to learn about this photography lark mind................................................

Really like the pics, but the Evo is absolute tops. Love this angle, and if you had more time etc, it would have been nice to have seen a bit more space in front of it. Neverthless, I think it's great! :D

Like everyone else has said the Evo shot is the best one out of them all. I wish we had stopped at the bridge now instead of going on further into stage and getting totally soaked.

Hope you enjoyed the rally dispite the weather.

Might post some of my pictures from saturday later on.

Was that you that followed the course closing car car into stage 8 in a Discovery with AML registration ?
We never got wet at all ! - stayed dry to end of stage 8 and then we had to leave for the ferry instead of doing stage 12 as well - no way we would have made the last boat after the delay in starting due to the boat being off on Friday if we had stayed

Was that you that followed the course closing car car into stage 8 in a Discovery with AML registration ?
We never got wet at all ! - stayed dry to end of stage 8 and then we had to leave for the ferry instead of doing stage 12 as well - no way we would have made the last boat after the delay in starting due to the boat being off on Friday if we had stayed

Yea that was me, unfortunatly the next time we saw the closing car it was down a bank after rolling:puke:. As soon as the cars entered SS12 the heavens opened:bang:.

Back