Mull Otters

bit late coming across this thread
real good sharp shots
what combo did you use
thinking of going to mull this coming weekend. im off for 3 weeks, but can only go away for 2 weeks
is 2 weeks too long on one island
is it ok this time of year
looking to do landscape and (hopefully wildlife)

Just a thought about a visit to Mull at this time of year.

The days will be very short and chances are the weather will be crap most of the time......

bit late coming across this thread
real good sharp shots
what combo did you use
thinking of going to mull this coming weekend. im off for 3 weeks, but can only go away for 2 weeks
is 2 weeks too long on one island
is it ok this time of year
looking to do landscape and (hopefully wildlife)

Thanks, sorry im a bit late getting back to you, forgot about this thread lol

Mull is always great place to be, but you do have to be aware of the weather at this time of year, the wildlife will always be there, its just whether you will get chance to see it all ! Good luck if you went or are going though :)

Fantastic observation of a beautiful animal. Wonderfully captured.

After much deliberating we decided on shetland
Been here 3 days now , we are here for 2 weeks
Great place
Cottage right on the water with its own resident seals and otter
Saw the otter today walking past the front of the cottage ' I've set up a remote wildlife cam near the spot
We are hoping for the northern lights to make a show, was seen quite a but last week ( sadly before we arrived)

Last edited:
great set ! im off back to mull early next year just hope i can get some shots like yours ian

After much deliberating we decided on shetland
Been here 3 days now , we are here for 2 weeks
Great place
Cottage right on the water with its own resident seals and otter
Saw the otter today walking past the front of the cottage ' I've set up a remote wildlife cam near the spot
We are hoping for the northern lights to make a show, was seen quite a but last week ( sadly before we arrived)

Oh i love Shetland too :) got a friend that lives there and had a family of otters outside her house :) Enjoy, hope the lights show for you too :)

great set ! im off back to mull early next year just hope i can get some shots like yours ian

Thanks, its just patience and a little idiocy :) lol had to wade through a stream and got a bit cold and wet lol

Fantastic shots, he/she certainly has expensive taste :) what a shot !

Hi Ian All fantastic but No3 is my favourite, you are being very coy regarding location, please pm if you dont want it public.

I am spending 2 weeks on Shetland next year hopefully meeting up with Creiffy who a stunning togger of Otters

Hi Ian All fantastic but No3 is my favourite, you are being very coy regarding location, please pm if you dont want it public.

I am spending 2 weeks on Shetland next year hopefully meeting up with Creiffy who a stunning togger of Otters

Yeah i know John :) he gets some cracking shots, but then he should living up there ;) lol

Unfortunately my friends Otters were killed crossing a road, took out Mum and both cubs :(

Heart breaking, more Otter reflectors need putting up on roads to stop these accidents.

No 3, print it and hang it,,,, stunning

There is a family of Otters living near the pier at Torosay Castle, I have watched them for hours in recent years, I think the Dog lives in the Holt beyond Craignure ferry pier.

Impressive set of images. Well caught.

Cracking set :D I love the first one :) really lovley know how much of a challenge these things are well done!!

Back