Mull, Staffa and the Treshnish Isles

Edit My Images
Yes
Phew! :) Finally got around to uploading the pics of the Isle of Mull etc taken last month. If you're interested, please take a look at www.silkypics.co.uk/gallery and click on the "Isle of Mull - May 2006" album.

If you click on the first pic and then the slideshow icon, it saves wear and tear on your mouse. :D

All comments very welcome. :)

Some impressive work in there(y)

Particularly like the Dervaig Sunset:)

love the puffin shots, really very good indeed!

Had a good look round a couple of times, some very nice shots there.

Nice, I'ce spent a lot of time on skye and the outer hebrides, but haven't dealt with mull, islay etc. yet.

And these shots just make me wanna go even more!!!!

I'm with Gandhi on this.......I'm jealous jealous JEALOUS!!!!!

Lovely pics - like the puffins and staffa ones particularly, and also the lovely shots of Tobermory which is somewhere we MUST get back to at some point.... :clap:

Thanks guys. :)

We've been to the Isle of Mull quite a few times, and it seems different in character from most Hebridean islands - gentler, less bleak and with plenty of woodland, although there is still Ben More and the hilly bit in the middle. :)

Dervaig in the north-west is our favourite spot, and there you don't get so many of the day-trippers who usually head for Tobermory or Iona. If the weather is decent it really is idyllic, but.....

..... over the next couple of days they're forecasting winds gusting to 60mph and over 2 inches of rain! :eek:

To see the puffins on Lunga you have to go between April and early August. They only make landfall to breed, and spend the rest of the year at sea. It's a wonderful sight. There are boat trips to Staffa and Lunga from Ulva Ferry, Croig and Fionnphort, but of course you take a chance on the weather and if it's very bad they don't sail. It has to be fairly calm to land on Staffa.

We're already planning the next visit. :D

Nice, I'm up that way for about 6 weeks hopefully at the end of july ish, will have to ave a look around before I head off to the outer hebs.....

Bring on the crazy midge based scottish action!

Yes indeedy - don't forget the insect repellent - or you'll rediscover the origins of the Highland Reel. :D

Oh don't worry, I already have my protective anti-midge net for the evenings, learnt that one the hard way. You wouldn't believe something so small and inoffensive could cause so much trauma, would you?

TBH, I worry more about ticks these days, seems whenever I'm out in any kind of heathland or wood I pick a couple up!

Luckily not had a problem with ticks - probably because it's so cold when we go that the three pairs of socks and long-johns keeps them off. :D

Stunning shots - it's a very photogenic place!

Just wondering, is that where they film Balamory?

Back