Mull venues

Name
Sue
Edit My Images
Yes
I have been lucky enough to win a trip to Staffa and the Treshnish Isles in a photography competition, so now need to book a holiday on Mull or nearby. Having had a quick look Mull seems to be rather larger than I thought - are there any recommendations as to the best wildlife areas and/or dog friendly accommodation?

Many thanks in advance.

Sue

Glenforsa hotel near Salen , dog friendly, great food and 15 mins from White tailed Eagles and Otters, dont worry about the airfield next to it, it adds to the entertainment.

If you want to stay in Tobermory the Western Isles hotel is dog friendly.

Tobermory is obviously the biggest settlement so more restaurants etc but in my experience all of the best wildlife spots are at the opposite end of the island.

Martin Kievers runs Mull Charters and the most popular trip is one to see the White Tailed Eagles. It leaves from Ulva ferry. Check out mullcharters.com for more details.

Not sure what the RSPB eagle hide is like because they've moved it away from Loch Frisa down to the bottom of the island.

Neil

Very many thanks. Our trip is with Turus Mara who operate from Ulva Ferry, and we have no interest in towns, so we were definitely thinking of the south rather than Tobermory way. We would love to stay on Mull but are really struggling to find suitable dog friendly self-catering accommodation which isn't already booked, so we are starting to look further afield - at Ardnamurchan, to be precise, so we can use the Kilchoan Ferry. That area looks very good for wildlife too...

Unfortunately my husband is in the RN and we can't book until we have confirmation of whether he is going back to Afghanistan in September as he would then be off doing courses over the summer, but it is good to have some knowledge of the best areas for when we can go ahead.

It looks as if we might have found somewhere - a caravan on Uisken Beach, which is the south coast of the Ross of Mull not too far from Bunessan, so I hope it might be good for wildlife.

And even better the OH isn't going back to Afghanistan after all.

Thanks for all your help.

It looks as if we might have found somewhere - a caravan on Uisken Beach, which is the south coast of the Ross of Mull not too far from Bunessan, so I hope it might be good for wildlife.

And even better the OH isn't going back to Afghanistan after all.

Thanks for all your help.

Uisken is lovely. That small area is more reminiscent of the Outer isles than the inner. You'll be very handily placed for the ferry to Iona as well, which is a lovely island. Corncrakes, otters......

Back