Mullach Bi

Edit My Images
Yes
Spookiest light I ever saw.

Rain squalls diffusing a cloudburst over the fulmar colony at Mullach Bi, Hirta, St Kilda.

Mullach_Bi_by_HairyToes.jpg

Last edited:
Awesome, I really like that!

Fantastic !

I'd love to visit - I've been close but suspect I've missed the boat so to speak.

Can I ask when, why and how you made the trip ?

Last edited:
Thanks guys.

Gary, you planning another highlands roadtrip anytime soon? I hear you're pretty busy with the studio these days (I don't keep track of stuff on here like I used to).

Dinners, I'm doing a PhD on the ecology of the St Kilda fieldmouse, so I spend about 4-5 months a year on Kilda in 5 week stints. This was taken last November, was out again in March and next trip will be towards the end of May. I posted some other shots here and here if you missed them.

Looks like I did miss them - love the village bay shot.

Thanks guys.

Quite a lot of KIlda coverage on BBC 2 right now (Monty Hall) for those of you who want to see more :)

Saw that too. Fab. He's doing a great PR job for the all of the Western Isles.

Wonderful stuff. Very eerie light and an amazingly powerful photograph.

I want and need to go to St Kilda, just seen the Monty Hall thing and it looks stunning.

Andy

Might get over to Uist from Uig in the Summer - can I ask who you use for the trip to St Kilda ?

Had a quick look at a few around £180

Might get over to Uist from Uig in the Summer - can I ask who you use for the trip to St Kilda ?

Had a quick look at a few around £180

I generally take the MOD contractor helicopter, but can recommend Angus at Kilda cruises for the boat trip (runs out of Leverburgh on Harris). £180 for the day sounds about right - not cheap! You might be able to pursuade him to leave you there for a couple of days (he tries to run 3 trips a week, depending on weather) and ask the NTS for permisison to camp if you wanted longer.

Can't think of an appropriate superlative but WOW will do for now. Not happy with the border though

I generally take the MOD contractor helicopter, but can recommend Angus at Kilda cruises for the boat trip (runs out of Leverburgh on Harris). £180 for the day sounds about right - not cheap! You might be able to pursuade him to leave you there for a couple of days (he tries to run 3 trips a week, depending on weather) and ask the NTS for permisison to camp if you wanted longer.

Cheers (y)

Lovely image, very haunting! I like the border as I am viewing on Black and somehow doubt it would be as strong without it.

How cool must it be to have that shot in your portfolio. I'm going to the outer hebrides in THREE days time so I hope I get plenty of interesting weather

Back