Multiple Exposures on me F2

Mr Bump

From under the bridge
Name
Paul
Edit My Images
Yes
ok so i know i can do a multiple exposure on me F2 by pressing in the little red button on the bottom and wind on.

so my question is if i do 2x exposures on the same fillum do i metre and then shoot each one at twice the speed?

Ideally, if you're putting 2 images onto one frame, you'd under expose each one by 1 stop from the "correct" metered exposure yes. So that can be 1/250th if metered at 1/125th or it could be f5.6 if metered at f4.

of course, depending on the film, there may be enough latitude to get away without doing so.

And, just to get really arty-farty, if you were say to want to use one of the images as a "texture" behind/over another then you could give the "texture" one a 1.5 stop under exposure, and the "main" one a 1/2 stop under.

Paul, I've never tried doing multiple exposures on my F2 but I've used the method you described above (pushing in the button while winding on after the first exposure) on other cameras (eg Nikkormat) and it works well. However I think if you want to get really accurate alignment it might work better on your FE2 or FM2 which have a dedicated multiple exposure lever. May not be an issue for most shots, but I think there's a risk the film moves slightly using the 'button-in' technique.

Paul, I've never tried doing multiple exposures on my F2 but I've used the method you described above (pushing in the button while winding on after the first exposure) on other cameras (eg Nikkormat) and it works well. However I think if you want to get really accurate alignment it might work better on your FE2 or FM2 which have a dedicated multiple exposure lever. May not be an issue for most shots, but I think there's a risk the film moves slightly using the 'button-in' technique.

Thanks buddy :)

Do you want two Mrs Bump.......I used to play with covering half the lens with a person say facing to the right, then re cock the shutter and take another shot with the person facing to the left and cover the other half of the lens.....a plain back ground works well.

I've posted this before and called it "Spot the difference" well there is no difference as it's a multiple exposure of the same subject. :D

Last edited:
Back