Mum and Dad

Name
Carl
Edit My Images
Yes
Its extremly difficult to get my mum on camera, let alone my mum AND my dad.

I just hope I havent messed this up. Mum rang me after I took the photo and said she didnt want to see the photo. I told her Ive knocked off a few years.

So, here are two images, one is the original. The other, Ive ran some PP with Perfect Portrait on trial.

I think it hasnt done too much of a bad job. The IMPORTANT question is though, will mum like it ?? Bearing in mind, if she doesnt, will most likely not have any more photos taken. Id really like to impress her as I want to get more photos. Purely because she's my mum, the both of them are getting on a bit and I want to capture some moments, with them particpating, not hiding etc..

Please be honest. Thanks :)

The original:
IMG_0957.jpg

The "younger" version mum.

IMG_0957young.jpg

What I do like about perfect portrait, is that the eyes really pop out, saves me a load of time though some people may say do it manually, which probably IS better as you can fine tune it, but I am impressed with this software.

Thanks for looking :)

TBH it just looks like you've tried to iron out some wrinkles with the smudge brush. the "dreamy supermodel smooth skin with no texture at all" look doesnt work with the subject. In the first photo you capture the personality of your mum. Your dad must have some strong glasses, its thrown his eyes just slightly OOF too! I can see what youve tried to do, but i'd stick with the first.

Agree with the previous comments - too soft on n.2 looks oof / wrong. My only other suggestion is to get her a little further up the frame, I think she's too close to the bottom, it detracts slightly, but honestly, full of character and I think its a good shot, they look comfortable and happy, which is probably what you wouldn't expect.

Thanks - some good comments. I thought it bordered on looking a bit too plasticy.

Im not too good at manual PP on portraits so I'll run portrait perfect again but with the sliders almost off and see if if I can smooth it a <little>.

Getting another shot out of them might be difficult, so hopefully she'll love the first one and will be happy to do another.

Thanks again, your feedback is most appreciated :)

No1 is the better image for me Carl, it natural and does your parents proud fella :clap:

Too much PP on the 2nd image looks fake, sorry but thats how I see it

Les (y)

The second image just doesn't look right, almost out of focus as others have said. The first however is a lovely shot (y)

The first one for me for sure

Your Mum has nothing to worry about, she looks great and you've done them both proud

Not adding anything new to the above comments by saying that number one is by far the better of the two images, simply down to the over processing. I think we've all done it (or probably a lot of us) in the beginning, but gradually work out that less is more lol....

Back