Mum & Baby

Name
Ian
Edit My Images
No
Taken testing out a new black background. I thought this one turned out quite well.

C&C Welcome

baby-2.jpg

Hihi, surprised baby :) I feel the light is a bit cold, white balance might be off?

Hiya. Thanks for your comment. Yes you was right. the white balance was on auto. I have just changed it to Flash and can see the difference.

baby-1-2.jpg

The creases are ruining it for me, have you tried removing them in pp?

as above the creases are a bit obvious try a wider aperture f8 is a bit too small hth mike

Now I know I need to get rid of this laptop and go back to a real monitor lol.

I can't see the creases on my screen. :(

F8 is fine for this kind of studio shot but you gotta blend the background

Now I know I need to get rid of this laptop and go back to a real monitor lol.

I can't see the creases on my screen. :(

Wow that is one crappy monitor if you can't see those creases they are extremely obvious I can even see them blaytently on my iPhone

Gamma was way to low on screen.

If this works then this is more the effect I wanted.

Creases this time..????

black-2.jpg

Only problem now is that the woman looks as though she is floating as her trousers are also dark and have dissapeared into the background, maybe finding a way to darken the background selectively without losing her legs would achieve a better result?

The baby looks fine, but the mother's pose looks a bit awkward to me.

Well I am glad to see the creases have gone.

The legs to dark for the shot etc is the effect I wanted for this shot. The poses were just taken naturally but the final effect is the shot I wanted.

Just glad you lot have shown me how far out my monitor was.

The way the whole shot is in the center of the photo and most of the picture is the baby.

The only thing is I wish she was smiling and not just looking surprised lol

It's my GF and daughter in the shot so that one is now for my wall :)

I prefer in my version how her legs vanish into the shadows. The other one now looks more like a crop.

In my version the black all the way round makes a full border for the picture.

I guess all tastes are different. :)

Back