Mum, Dad & Baby - Critique please

Name
Andy
Edit My Images
Yes
Some friends asked for some photo's of them and their baby, your thoughts on improvements please
5849792523_7daab9e3c5_b.jpg

5849792481_d9089cfb8c_b.jpg

5849792467_beb5036ab0_b.jpg

Last edited:
great lighting in all 3. i think number 3 is my favourite, seems more like you have captured a 'moment' with a proud father.
personally im not a fan of the pose/composition of number 2 - i never have been but it is a popular shot. personal pref really.

#1 love the little bubble

#2 my pick of them all, skin tones spot on, BW suits it well :clap: theres just a little white spot below the dads thumb, not so keen on the darkening on the right side all down the edge running near babies head, I can see a band all down that side

#3 not so keen on the watch

Last edited:
I think the lighting is good, although I think I'd like to see a touch more contrast in it.

Number 1 - I think the baby looks a bit distressed. And might have worked better with Mum's shoulder bare. I think I would either shoot from further back or crop in tighter. Don't like the way baby's arm is chopped off at the wrist.

Number 2 - best of the bunch for me. Would be nice to see catch lights in baby's eyes and maybe a bit more light on baby's forehead.

Number 3 - agree the watch is distracting. The lighting here is good in my opinion, if a little to intense on the arm.

Overall a nice set and I'd expect the parents to be very pleased.

1 does nothing at all for me..
2 is by far my fav, great shot, composition, closely followed by 3

Great set. Love 2 and 3. Contrast in 2 looks terrific. Agree the eyes need catch lights. Is it legit to add afterwards in PP?? 3 is really good. Like the Dad's look and half hidden behind towel adds great depth into the shot. I think the watch works as it adds a great contrast to the rest of the shot but clearly is a "signature" element of the Dad. I agree, the parents should be delighted with these!

Thanks everyone all noted and I will take it on. Will do the catch light for the parents.

Thanks again

Back