Mum&Daughter Advice Please

Edit My Images
Yes
I'm going to give this shot as a printed gift.

I have 2 questions:

BW or colour?

Jayne_CharlotteBWweb_copy.jpg

Jayne_CharlotteColourweb.jpg

Anything that I can do to enhance the image?

Thanks

I havent tried a tighter crop mainly because I dont understand how this relates to the printed photo, the crop looks rectangularish to me so I left it at that!

In photoshop you can set the dimensions with the crop tool by typing them into the boxes at the top toolbar once you've selected the crop tool.

Example: if you type 6x4 and just drag the crop guide over the Mum's nose it would crop and then enlarge the image to 6x4. Conversely, if you drag the guide over the scene as you would like it cropped it would trim the bits you don't want and resize to 6x4 but the dimensions of the crop guide will stay in proportion so you don't get a messed up aspect ratio.

EDIT: I should really have critqued too.

I prefer the black and white but might have liked the midtones brightening just a touch.

Last edited:
Colour every time. I really don't know why there is this fascination with B&W.

I like both and for a few quid I'll print both and let her decide!

Nothing else obvious except a tighter crop to improve it?

I personally really like the colour one! Just brings the shot to life more! May i ask which one you prefer?

Colour for me. Theyve both got wonderful peaches and cream complexions... and its a great photo too by the way!

Lovely pic and once again the B&W just shades it for me too
(y)

As a present, I would prefer the colour version. If you think of trying a closer crop then I would suggest cropping it with a Portrait orientation and with an aspect ratio of 8x10.

I prefer the B&W one mainly as the BG is less distracting so you focus more on the Mother and Daughter...

The mother will prefere the colour one.

Paul

I'd disagree with this and say that its just down to anyones preference. My auntie has mainly B+W pictures of the the family and her kids but than other people dislike it.

And for me the B+W, a lovely shot(y)

thanks for all the comments...I asked her in the end and.........

Mum likes colour for a framed photo

But did say the bw would be nice as a box canvas type

One more from the same day, I've been experimenting with my BW conversion techniques.

dandyCharlotte1.jpg

I think this is an improvement on my earlier attempts

Back