Mum & Daughter

• Thread starter Deleted member 21335
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 21335

This one is from a Baptism I shot on Sunday. This was my first paid Christening on the back of two that I had shot (posted on here) for free. I know the lifted blacks are not too everyones taste, nor will be the slight blue in some of the highlights (which is intentional).

There are more on a short Blog post here (although I know some people won't click it).

Claire & Layla
by GazMortonPhoto, on Flickr

Thanks for looking. :)

Hi Gareth, I wasn't sure about the very dark left side, but looking on Flickr it doesn't look as dark. I really like it.

Hi Gareth, I wasn't sure about the very dark left side, but looking on Flickr it doesn't look as dark. I really like it.

Thank you and yes, your right. For some reason, on Flickr it is the same as I edited in LR, but here it appears a little darker?!

Very nice photo Gareth, one I would definitely put up on my wall if it was my family

You've done a great job of telling the story of their day Gareth. It's nicely understated which for me is a big plus. Well done :)

Nice shot mate, I tried to look at the blog post though and none of the pics come up... I'm trying to view on an iPad.

If I click on the blank space where the images should be it loads up the storyboard but they are über low res or resized so they look low res.

Might need to check that out as you don't want to be losing potential clients if people are looking at your site on an iPad

Thanks Andy. Your the second person to say that! Unsure why but needs looking at. Will have a mooch after work. New to all this Blog thing so probably not using the best solution for it to be honest.

Wow, I think these are great Gareth, Very inspiring.

I would love to know what kit you used and what processing you did. (not looking to "steal" your style btw - I'm just a beginner trying to understand more about what camera, lenses, & lights you used and also what editing programs)

Wow, I think these are great Gareth, Very inspiring.

I would love to know what kit you used and what processing you did. (not looking to "steal" your style btw - I'm just a beginner trying to understand more about what camera, lenses, & lights you used and also what editing programs)

Thank you, although they're not that good! :LOL:

Shot with a 5D III and either the 35 F1.4 or the 85 F1.2. I like to shoot wide ish apertures. I think most these are between F1.2 and F2.8. Processing was done in lightroom. Hope that helps. :)

Thanks. You have captured some lovely moments there, but I do think the "full frame x wide open bokeh" and the processing contribute to the mood of the moment quite a bit, are they all natural light? any reflectors?

All natural light. No flash or reflectors. :)

Thanks again.

Nice images on the Blog Gareth, you caught the moments very well mate

Les :clap:

Thank you both. Unsure how to multi quote on the new version of the iPhone app so apologies. These shots are still not where I'd like them to be. Yes, they are 'nice' (as some of the comments suggest) but still a long way to go IMO. I delivered these shots last night (been waiting for the etched USB) and they seemed happy. Looks like I'll have the wedding in May which is good.

Looks fantastic.The natural lighting and wide aperture make this photo look good and has worked in your favour.

Back