Mundane Randoms-a thread for anything mundane/random to outright bizarre...

Well Done Chris.. 2 great photos there, i bet you had fun doing the tomatoes shot:D

Still messing around with ideas but this is what I've come up with so far:

IMG_4412 by stealth_wolf, on Flickr

I wonder whether I need a better lens for close up shots.

Finally, after a 72hr working week, some free time! Knocked this out before I hit the wine and lose motivation :D
I've went a little abstract for this one.

Spoons by Michael B O'Brien, on Flickr

Last edited:
Although this is amusing, i do need help on editing portraits..

Anyone willing?

A spoon balancing a spoon on its nose:

Last edited:
Somebody has already done what I planned :cautious: :D so this is my offering, it was straight after some apple crumble and I thought ooo spoon (y)

spoon_zpsaad5da93.jpg

Looks like you all had fun with the Spoons theme this week...(y)

Omens you achieved your BG perfectly i see;)

Jibber.... Mmmm Pie.. you could have shared with us ;)

Mike love the abstract feel to it (y)

Vicky.. Lego Spoons what can i say:LOL:(y) made me smile that one

This weeks theme is.....A Book

Good Luck...

Last edited:
Hmmm - well I, for one, am stumped for the time being. But I'm determined to come up with something.

Omens you achieved your BG perfectly i see;)

Not quite! :confused:
I placed the spoon on a black neoprene material and it worked fine until I stuck the cheerios on at which point all the "grains" and "cereal dust" made a mess and I couldn't get rid. So I used PS to wipe everything out. I'm not proud and think it would have looked better on a black glossy surface.

Not quite! :confused:
I placed the spoon on a black neoprene material and it worked fine until I stuck the cheerios on at which point all the "grains" and "cereal dust" made a mess and I couldn't get rid. So I used PS to wipe everything out. I'm not proud and think it would have looked better on a black glossy surface.

Don't kick yourself the final result looks good and if there was initial cereal dust you done a good job clearing it.....:D

Looks okay to me T - possibly would have been better if you'd include your eyes (i'm assuming this is a selfie)

also i'm not sure the fairy lights on the left add anything to the shot

Got me some Lego :D

After seeing the many pics on this site of lego men i had to get some, and today i was in Leeds and noticed the lego store! I nearly wet myself as i dragged my sister into the store and spent a fair while making up some figures! 3 for £3.50 :D Im so happy!

Jdevaney89, on Flickr

Aww excellent! I can feel your excitement! Are you going to use them in this weeks theme? :)

Well, i actually had something planned out for this weeks theme as soon as i saw book! Something ive wanted to try for a while.. Plus a book i ordered arrived this morning that again will help me more with my photography.

But i caught them upto no good already!

Best be keeping my eye on them, theyre Mischievous it seems!

Last edited:
tescos have the figures at £2 ea

tescos have the figures at £2 ea

3 x 5 piece figures for £3.50 at the Lego store, if anyone wants any and cant get to a store im happy to help..

Keep an eye out for people selling selections of heads. I find it useful to have a variety of expressions available for the li'l guys.

Yeah i was thinking that might be a good idea, last thing i want is to have a happy expression when im looking for something a little mellow.. Haha.

Last edited:
just paint the heads with yellow enamel, then draw the expressions on with a sharpie marker ;)

You don't need to paint them. For photographic use, you can draw on the back of existing heads. Some are actually made with two expressions (and come with a hat/hair/helmet to hide one of them).
You'd be better off pen-wise with fine tip CD or OHP pens. Sharpies are OK for cups, but they're just too thick for Lego folk.

Here is my go at the theme Book. I have added two one black and white and one colour as couldn't decide which one worked better.

Great shot - I prefer the B&W one.

If those were my glasses then the text through the lens would be twice as big :LOL:

Here is my go at the theme Book. I have added two one black and white and one colour as couldn't decide which one worked better.

Black and white for me too!.. nice to see you join in the fun:D (y)

Doh as usual i mucked up the quote!

Black and white for me too!.. nice to see you join in the fun:D (y)

Doh as usual i mucked up the quote!

Oh I love these types of threads, esp when it's bad weather to get out and about. Also gets my brain ticking lol.

Back