Wild Mushroom ID please

Name
Barbara
Edit My Images
No
Can anyone help to identify this mushroom for me please. I found it in the retaining pot in which my basil plant stood. It wasn't growing in soil just the dry empty pot which I put water in to irrigate my basil plant. It's grey in golour with a pointed cap, about 12mm across the cap, and the cap is lacelike, not opaque.
I have added some photos which I took quickly before the mushroom collapsed.

_1010303 web
by hillwalkinggirl on Talk Photography

_1010304 web

_1010306 web

Looks similar to a Fairy Ink Cap ( Coprinellus disseminates) although I'm not 100%, please don't eat it :D

Les

Looks similar to a Fairy Ink Cap ( Coprinellus disseminates) although I'm not 100%, please don't eat it :D

Les

Thank you Lez. I have checked it out and I think you are right. Apparently it's edible but I'm certainly not going to try. It's just nice to know that some deadly fungus isn't growing in my basil plant pot.:eek:

Thank you Lez. I have checked it out and I think you are right. Apparently it's edible but I'm certainly not going to try. It's just nice to know that some deadly fungus isn't growing in my basil plant pot.:eek:

I am ex-army ( Parachute Regiment) and I did many courses on survival, Fungi recognition being one of them

Les

Back