Musician, a barn and a wall

Edit My Images
No
little-guitar.jpg

Last edited:
Very nicely lit! But, however well the subject is lit, my eye is drawn to the barn. I don't want to see the barn! :D I want to see the musician! Anyways, just my 2 cents.

Thanks for the input Rucel. For me however, I wanted to capture the surroundings as well as the subject, and the barn was key to the composition.

Dav

Nice composition Dav but there is something too harsh about the lighting, I dont think its the light on the lad but the large flat surface of the guitar.

I think it would be improved with a levels tweak just on the guitar itself to tone it down a touch, also reducing the saturation slightly.

Love the background and the level of ambient light.

DAN

Last edited:
I'd be more than proud to have taken a shot like that...

Dan - I think you may well be right. Thanks for the input :)

Thank you very much Carl - that's a big compliment.

Cheers Tinite

That's very kind of you to say so Chris.

Cheers.

Dav

Dav,

My only offer for improvement is a tighter crop taking off a bit form the right and top. Again, this is just in line with my own style, this being a great image and well lit (again).

I don't agree with the comments about the guitar and the barn dominating the shot, where maybe the crop would place a slightly better emphasis on your lad?

P.S. I'm not stalking your threads, I just really like good well executed strobist work. Need to do some myself!

From an artistic view point the modern shoe laces and their bright colour gives the young boy/ old shed/ traditional stone dyke a nice balance.

It's an interesting picture which I really like.

Nicely balanced image, Dav, and well lit, I like this....a lot!

Thanks Neil.

Once again Marcus you've succeeded in making me laugh. Thanks!

Thanks very much Simon.

Cheers John.

Cheers Jimmy/

David - where've you been fella? Thanks for the input

Cheers all.

Dav

Well thought out shot Dav, for me the lighting is maybe a little too "hard", especially on the face, just a bit softer, more subdued light may have improved, or then again maybe not ....... :shrug:
Still way beyond my present skills.

Dave ....

Back