Mustela lutreola

fracster

I love BRASH and BRASH loves me
Suspended / Banned
Name
Ade
Edit My Images
Yes
I wondered why there was very little about on the riverbank today, this murderous import was about.

231207_1551.jpg

231207_1552.jpg

231207_1555.jpg

231207_1562.jpg

A mink? Great to get a capture.. thanks for sharing (y)

Yep, a mink, awful photos I know, just thought i`d share them.....:)

Never seen one in the wild before (I'm a townie :)) Nice capture!

That looks to be about a glove's worth?

Mink will murder just about anything.When they were originally released ( I`m not saying that was right or wrong) from the farms, the wildfowl population took a real hammering.I *think* the only predators they have are otters and pine martin, and those chaps are pretty rare. The conservation guys tend to hunt mink relentlessly, hence, the re-emergence of our favourites like kingfishers,coots et etc.

Blue tint, not sure, I messed them about in PS to try and get the mink a bit sharper.I`m a complete novice at photoshop,so I may have done something to them in there.

Thanks for the comment, I figured not many would have seen them in the wild.It is unlikely that you will ever get close to them in the wild but, if you do, they are nasty if cornered, be careful.

These were taken from the opposite bank with a 70-200, i`d left my 80-400 at home as part of the ploy to make me use the 70-200 more.....:bonk:

Excellent shots mate, thats the sort of photo's i want to be able to capture on my walks about with my two lurchers, i see so much wildlife and i just want to be able to take the shots and not really worry about doing anything with them afterwards, just keep them for my own albums.

So thanks for sharing them, and showing that you dont need to edit them all the time, yours really capture what the mink is all about which personaly would have been lost if they had been over cropped.

As much as i love all the photo's on here and i would love to be at least half as good, im more for the natural look as they turn out. capturing the subject as well as its natural surroundings.

Regards
Jack

Excellent shots mate, thats the sort of photo's i want to be able to capture on my walks about with my two lurchers, i see so much wildlife and i just want to be able to take the shots and not really worry about doing anything with them afterwards, just keep them for my own albums.

So thanks for sharing them, and showing that you dont need to edit them all the time, yours really capture what the mink is all about which personaly would have been lost if they had been over cropped.

As much as i love all the photo's on here and i would love to be at least half as good, im more for the natural look as they turn out. capturing the subject as well as well as its natural surroundings.

Regards
Jack

You and I are on the same wavelength.

Appreciate you saying so, most of my shots are taken with pooch nearby.....:)

Alfie.jpg

Back