Mute Swans

Quite a beautiful image and a different take on the usual swan image. I really like it. I think you have 3 images here, the one posted and a crop down the middle, seperating both swans.

Even in dim light, the detail is excellent. That sleepy eye really adds to the story.

Quite a beautiful image and a different take on the usual swan image. I really like it. I think you have 3 images here, the one posted and a crop down the middle, seperating both swans.

Even in dim light, the detail is excellent. That sleepy eye really adds to the story.
Thanks for the feedback Dale , I hadn't thought of a crop down the middle and will give it a go

As all above have said it is a lovely image. I like how you have kept the exsposure on the dark side.
It is so easy to lift the dark areas after capture.
Which would kill the mood.

Gaz

As all above have said it is a lovely image. I like how you have kept the exsposure on the dark side.
It is so easy to lift the dark areas after capture.
Which would kill the mood.

Gaz
Thanks Gary , as my PP skills are quite limited I try to get as much right in camera as I can and using mirrorless cameras certainly helps me in that regard . That way I have to do the minimal amount of editing and the shots are as close as possible to how they were captured .

@SDawes

Yep I can see you exsposed for the highlights which left the water/background go dark as the camera would see it.

The temptation to lift them in post is so easy to do. You did the right thing leaving alone here though imo.

It's a great image.

Gaz

Back