Daily MWHCVT(Matt's) Challenge 366 - 2012 - Now with added 5D3 Goodness

Status
Not open for further replies.
Matt 246 is bloody awesome , my type of photography. 245 would go down nice right now but I will take a Cidre instead

Thanks Vince, I love to take photo's of flowers (y) they always brighten up a dull day (y) and the beer went down very well :D it was a long hot night at the club but a lot of fun but that beer helped :naughty:

Matt

Nice beer shot Matt. I really like todays though, those yellows are lovely and vibrant. Nice dof. I still have no idea what your abstract shot was!

:LOL: I guess it's time to give it up and say what it is :D It's a sheet of glitter covered board :wacky: in the night club where I have worked the last couple of nights with Darrell (thedodo)

Day 247 - The Smallest Thing

They say from the smallest Acorn can grow the mighty Oak, well that sort of symbolises my challenge, I would have never have guessed on the 1/1/11 that I would still be working on this challenge and going to at least 1000 :eek:

247/366 (612) by mwhcvt, on Flickr

Matt
MWHCVT

Day 248 - Love in the air

This evening I headed up to Burton Dassett in hope of a nice sunset scene and I was disappointed :D this is more a pre-set than actual sunset as it was maybe about 30 minutes before the sun actually set but it was casting the most wonderful golden light over everything, in the far distance you can see a young couple out for a romantic walk to see the sunset from the highest point in Warwickshire

248/366 (613) by mwhcvt, on Flickr

Matt
MWHCVT

Very nice pics those 2 Matt, the colours are excellent and I like the dof in the acorn shot, did you take any wide open at f2.8? Lovely ligh on the Burton Dassett hill, very nice sky. (y)

I think that it was f/3.5 rather than totally open but the exif's there (y) the Dassett was amazing this evening I only wish I could have stopped till the sun was gone :bang: but had to get back for Dad

Matt

It certainly was , I have been capturing it the other end of the day Sunrise:) Lovely time for a stroll with the camera.

:D I don't naturally do sunrises ;) I'm really not a morning person the only time that I'll do a sunrise is if I'm still up from the night before

Day 249 - Oh Dear

I know what a crap pun but I couldn't resist :D I shot this as the sun was getting really low so the light was rather lacking hence taking at quite a high ISO but I really and pleased to have got it as I don't really do wildlife but went out with the specific target of some wildlife this evening, though not strictly wild they do behave like any wild animal (y)

249/366 (614) by mwhcvt, on Flickr

For a bit more of a bizarre story attached to this photo see THIS thread

Matt
MWHCVT

Matt
MWHCVT

Lovely picture of the deer Matt, nice composition. Seems to be an excellent image for 6400 iso. The 5d3 certainly is suiting you well.

Thanks Michael, I'm really pleased with it for the ISO :D the 5D really does handle the ISO well which makes it a great body to attach the 150-500 too :D

Matt

A great deer picture matt - if its not already cropped i might suggest losing a bit from the top and left hand side - space to move into is great , but theres possibly a bit much here (unless of course it was for magazine submission - in which case they like the extra space to drop text into)

A great deer picture matt - if its not already cropped i might suggest losing a bit from the top and left hand side - space to move into is great , but theres possibly a bit much here (unless of course it was for magazine submission - in which case they like the extra space to drop text into)

Thanks Pete, I'm really pleased with it as it's my first one that I've put up and shot in the "wild" It is cropped but it could stand a little more of a crop (y) I cropped to this to place her in the landscape a little bit (y) but I will have a look at a crop a little later (y)

Matt I think this shot lovely, great colour and the story that goes with it well what can you say?
A great adventure to had to a great photo session, happy days !

Thanks Vince, indeed the story that goes with it :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

Matt

Day 250 - Bales of Fun

It was a really great sunset this evening with enough cloud cover to give a great afterglow with great peach and orange tones to the sky, and I found this field with some well positioned bales (y)

250/366 (615) by mwhcvt, on Flickr

Matt
MWHCVT

Day 251 - Concentration or Confusion?

Here you see thedodo working away in the DJ Booth at a local club but is that a look of confusion or concentration at all the buttons that he has to play with?

251/366 (616) by mwhcvt, on Flickr

Matt
MWHCVT

Definetly Concentration if it was confussion he would have sweat droplets on his forehead.

Nice monochrome Matt (y)

:LOL: Indeed I was being cruel he knew exactly what he was doing (y)

Day 252 - Some times you have to be a wide boy ;)

This is the church at Stoneleigh in Warwickshire, and this is a photo that I've been planning to take for nearly 12 months :D I would have liked there to have been some more heads of the roses but you cannot have it all :(

This was only possible by using my 450D and my 8mm fisheye a combination that I love to use though don't use as often since going to full frame 5D3 goodness :D

252/366 (617) by mwhcvt, on Flickr

Matt
MWHCVT

I like the b+w choice on Darrell Matt. Good shot. Nice to see the fish eye in action again.

Thanks Michael, I'll confess I've a soft spot for contrastly B&W conversions (y) it's been a long time since I've used the 450D and Fish for a POTD so it was really nice to use it for this shot that I'd wanted to do for a while :D

Day 253 - Twisty fire starter

So at 0137hrs while most of TP was in bed getting their beauty sleep, I was out there with thedodo (Darrell) getting out photo's for TPD2012 and this is mine, a wirewool spin at the beacon at Burton Dassett (y) with a great clear sky with lot's of stars :woot:

253/366 (618) TalkPhotography Day 2012 by mwhcvt, on Flickr

Matt
MWHCVT

Some awesome photography once again Matt , lovely the composition of the church shot !!

Thanks Vince, that church photo is one that I've wanted for close to a year (y)

Matt

Cracking pic Matt, what a lovely back drop of stars too (y) Thanks again for the message earlier today, (y)

Thanks Michael, I was a wonderful very early morning spinning of wire wool :cool: glad you got a photo of the wonderful vulcan (y)

Matt

Day 254 - 68ugkg9RePc

I don't do enough B&W and this is a first for me a monotone image :D and this processing seemed appropriate today, it's been a really miserably day weather wise some could say it left you feeling blue, so with the boys in blue over the house I grabbed a picture and then processed it with blue on the brain

254/366 (619) by mwhcvt, on Flickr

Matt
MWHCVT

Nice one Matt, really like the processing on this one, the extra bit of blue works very well.

Thanks Michael, a monotone like this is a first for me and I think that I'll be doing more of them in the future as I think that it could be interesting :D

Matt

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back