My 12 from '11

Name
Richard Glover
Edit My Images
Yes
A selection of the shots from 2011 that I am pleased with…..

A mixed bag of a year for me. For the first time I ended a season glad it was over.

In hindsight I got caught in the trap of trying to improve by taking shots that I thought I should be taking and in the process losing sight of why I take photos (its supposed to be for my own enjoyment!).

It wasn't a wasted year as I learnt lots and had some great times and hangovers along the way and despite making it hard for myself I feel i've improved on last year - lessons learnt, onwards and upwards in 2012!

Thanks for looking C&C/advice welcome

hope you all have a great Christmas and a successful 2012

1. Brands Hatch - curbage
RAB0142-L.jpg

2. Snetterton - liked the 'into infinity' lines
RAB0157-L.jpg

3. Brands Hatch -I took a similar one last year, this year I tried earlier on the exit and like the result.
RAB0838-L.jpg

4. Cadwell - Dan Hegarty leads the club regulars at Cadwell, he was using the meet as part of his comeback trail after last years serious arm injuries
RAB2604-L.jpg

5. Cadwell - pleased with the timing of this one
RAB2798-L.jpg

6. Cadwell - through the puddle on Park Straight, like the spray over the fairing
RAB2883-L.jpg

7. ManxGp - poor August light but clear visors. These guys were on it
RAB4316-L.jpg

8. Snetterton - First and only go at non-accidental wonky camera holding
RAB4622-L.jpg

9. Cadwell - early morning practice session used to try scenic slow panning
RAB5057-L.jpg

10. Group shot at Scarborough lying on the wet grass
RAB5256-L.jpg

11. Up close at Scarborough sitting on the wet grass
RAB7714-L.jpg

12. late afternoon at World Supers Donnington - back lit Jonny Rea (probably my favourite from 2011 and one of the first shots of the year)
RAB8967-L.jpg

Great shots! #9 for me, the back end of the bike isn't quite sharp enough but I think this adds to the effect (y)

Lovely set, No1 works great with the framing and curb. I also love the one from the last corner of Cadwell - such a photogenic piece of track!

Great photo's

No. 6 @ Cadwell. Great feel for a fast bike in the wet.

No. 7 @ Manx GP. Again, for me it shows feel for the ride when you see the guys face & the front wheel off the ground.

So many times I've had the chance to go to watch road racing over here and passed it over. Now I'm with camera and will make a better effort.

Great set Richard.

For me #1 The kerb and the bike :clap:
#5 I've been trying to get that sort of shot for ages, but mine are crap(y)
#7 Surperb - Both wheels off the deck and the white of its eyes.
#8 I do like the crazy angle while the track in the background leads you into it.
#10 Now I think you should have the 4th rider to line up propely:D - Who I am kidding lovely shot.

Great stuff,Richard,nice selection of shots.

4,is cracking shot,the use of other bikes makes as does depoth of field and sharp lead bike,nice colours too.
6,belting pan ,right on the money,spray sets it off.
9,really like this ,and as we know it's impossible to have rear of bike sharp as well,great feeling of speed and lovely composition.
10,looks a death spot ,but like the shot.
12,very good ,but a bit central for me.

Absolutely love shots 6 and 9, both really do it for me. Good stuff!

Number 8 is a bit mental at first glance, looks like he is riding up a vertical wall! lol

Good lighting in number 1, and i like the reflection of the curbing on his visor.

Back