Monthly My 12 of 2012

Name
Ben
Edit My Images
No
Hi. I'm completely new to photography and I've started a 52 (hoping to finish too!) and I'm going to use this thread to post my best of the 52 entries each month.

However to save having an empty thread until the end of January here is my best picture taken prior to January the 1st 2012

Sea Defence_003 by The_Oakster, on Flickr

Last edited:
Welcome to the world of photography, doing a challenge like this is a great way to gain more experience of getting the most from your camera, I rather like this as a way to start the thread (y)

Matt
MWHCVT

January is all but over. Here is what I think was the best of my Photo 52 entries in the past month and therefore my first of the 12.

Not only was this a lesson in depth of field on a camera that wasn't very good at it but it was also my first photography session in front of other people.

Week 2 - Fear a by The_Oakster, on Flickr

nice attempt would have personally liked to see the back ground a little more out of focus but really like the detailing in the engine at the front ,it can be intimidating getting the camera out in front of people for the first time it does get easier keep it up look forward to seeing what next month brings :)

Cheers Andy. Even though others were taking photo I was conscious of my little bridge camera next to all the massive lenses and cameras they had!

That brings me nicely onto the background. The camera was a fixed lens bridge camera and it wasnt the best at getting much DoF so I was pleased with the outcome. Ive got a better lens now and a better camera. The 50mm f2.8 gets some good DoF ;)

Cheers Joe. I couldnt quite get in the right place to seperate the two but I was pleased with the outcome :D

Nice start, loads of sharp detail (y)
But again personally, I would have preferred a less messy background too.

This is the best of my February shots:

Week 8 - Handmade by The_Oakster, on Flickr

Great colours and I liked the DoF. Apparently odd numbers work better so 3 or 5 would have topped it off.

Back