My 1D MkII arrived today

Name
Peter Stuart
Edit My Images
Yes
Here she is with my 30D with grip, 24-70, 70-200 F4 and 18-55 Kit

101_3593.jpg

It's a lovely camera, feels so natural and durable. Having 8.5fps on tap is great. Taking it out tomorrow to really give it a work out.

FAO Lightroom users. Does anyone know how to change the lens name, just the 1D MkII is reporting my lenses like:
24.0mm - 70.0mm
Instead of my 30D which reports it as:
EF 24mm-70mm F2.8 L USM.

Any ideas ?

Thanks

Pete

Nice Camera how much did it set you back?

As for Lightroom have you updated it to the latest version 1.31?

Those are either giant cameras or a very small guitar in back ground.
Nice though. :)

Good stuff you will enjoy that camera for sure don't think the 18-55mm kit lens will fit on it though but not sure.

Bill

Nice Camera how much did it set you back?

As for Lightroom have you updated it to the latest version 1.31?

The camera set me back £1k second hand. Yes I have the latest version of LR.

Those are either giant cameras or a very small guitar in back ground.
Nice though. :)

It's giant cameras lol. Those guitars are mini around 8 inches high :)

Good stuff you will enjoy that camera for sure don't think the 18-55mm kit lens will fit on it though but not sure.

I sure hope to enjoy it. Aye I know that the 18-55 kit wont fit and I haven't used it in months lol

Pete

:silly question alert:
:thread drift alert:

why won't the 18-55 lens work with this camera?:thinking:

The 18-55 is optimised for APS-sized sensors and the rear element moves too far back in focussing that it'll bang into the 1D's mirror (i think)

The 18-55 is optimised for APS-sized sensors and the rear element moves too far back in focussing that it'll bang into the 1D's mirror (i think)

aha that would be a small disadvantage then!

It would be a big disadvantage actually cos it would bugger it.....

Bill

amaze your friends with the sound of machine gun mode :)

Nice lots of equipment there. Is the 30d redundant now

Fortunatley you are physically unable to attach an EF-S lens to an EF only body - the rubber baffle on the lens prevents it, otherwise the back of the lens woudl stop the mirror motion.

The sigma lenses do not have this baffle, but they do not protude into the body as far and so are usable on non-APS-C, but leave a border to the image circle.

Not sure what other short back-focus lens models will do - anyone have any experience?

CONGRATULATIONS Blackvault (y)

The camera set me back £1k second hand. Yes I have the latest version of LR.

It's giant cameras lol. Those guitars are mini around 8 inches high :)

I sure hope to enjoy it. Aye I know that the 18-55 kit wont fit and I haven't used it in months lol

Pete

I gather it arrived OK then?

I gather it arrived OK then?

Sorry mate in my excitement I forgot to PM you. It's awesome, well packaged :) Nice doing business.

Pete

Back