My 1st candids... suggestions needed

Name
Matt
Edit My Images
Yes
1. A man sitting with his dogs. Shame about the lamp-post on the LHS, kinda spoilt the shot a bit.
manwithdogs.jpg

2. "I'm number 1" I think, that this guy MAY have spotted me :LOL:

number1.jpg

Any suggestions on how to improve? These were my first shots and it was quite fun!

I had to look twice at the first one, as I thought he had a slipped toupee ;). He's actually quite a good subject, I think, but a different angle might've been better to separate him from the person behind. Second one is a good spontaneous reaction though.

I've had a brief try at street candids, and I find it quite exhilarating - just a little scary :)

...I thought he had a slipped toupee ;).

Nope, that's a high ponytail :LOL:

Both shots are nicely taken & processed (especially like the 2nd shot)
I would however change your borders as I find them a bit too intrusive - just my opinion of course but your images are good enough not to need such a heavy border - maybe just thin the white stroke lining?

Both very nice examples of good street photography though, well done (y)

*LoL* mate. One more thing to remember is to have a few mm extra on your border at the bottom of the frame as optical illusion will cause your border to look unbalanced if both top & base are the same size (I kid you not - this is in fact true!) :LOL:

You should do a nice, unobtrusive watermark of your name too (y)

Sorry to be the one to be cynical but the focus seems to be out on the first one a bit-the guy behind and the woman behind are much sharper than the subject.

Try and use a very large aperture aswell to single out your subject more.

Back