my 1st edited portrait

Name
kelly
Edit My Images
No
hi this is the 1st pic that i took of my neice and thought i would have a play with photoshop ive only been doing this 4 around 3 months so please feed back good or bad hit me with it :)

Last edited:
lol you mayb waiting a while has im not sure how you upload on here sorry x

Have you uploaded the picture to your album here or flicker something like that?
Then just insert the link.

Have you uploaded the picture to your album here or flicker something like that?
Then just insert the link.

ill have a go and thanks and i dont think you are that far from me i live in hull at the min

lol you mayb waiting a while has im not sure how you upload on here sorry x

I gave you the answer on your welcome post - get a Photobucket or Flickr account- then grab the img code and hey presto its good U'n

Les(y)

jem019.jpg

i need to work on the edges to make them smoother where the colour is but it was my 1st evr go so was playin around

good effort :clap: - however It seems a little soft ( focus) good pose though

Les (y)

good effort :clap: - however It seems a little soft ( focus) good pose though

Les (y)

thanks hun jopefully i will get there i hadnt had my sony 4 long wen i tuk this but no bad lol ill keeping goin x

yes do - And try to get the eyes in focus when doing any portraits, its all practise anyhow, and costs nothing with a DSLR

I too use SONY cracking bit of Kit

above all enjoy it

Les :D

If you remove the red X from your profile- people will edit images , re post them on the thread and explain how its done- just a thought Hun

Last edited by a moderator:
I have a Sony 390 and 450 - + a bag full of lenses and a couple flash guns and an expensive tripod

expensive hobby this photography lark

Les

lol i only have two lenses at the mina nd they cam with my camera and a cheap tripod my flash gun should be here any time soon yay im getting there :)

kel

I like it. I am a sucker for cute models :).
Keep going

For first attempt, not bad at all.

Good points: Cute model, nice expression, composition is pretty good, nicely lit, the toning is good.

Now, for the bad points: just 2 from me.

1) Selective colour for me is a no, no. It's a personal opinion, of course, but it's been done to death in the last decade. Another one of my pet hates. The shot itself is fine without the gimmicks. Keep it simple.

2) Soft focus has already been mentioned. Next time select single focus point, and focus on the eye before recomposing. If you do it quick enough before the model moves, you'll get it right every time.

Keep going, and have fun.

thanks everyone good points and bad have all been took on board :)

i think its great for a first go, the only point i would mention too is the soft focus, i actually like that particular pic soft but thats just personal. well done

another point that hasnt been mentioned is that you shot this at 100mm at 1/25 shutter speed - you should be shooting at least 1/150 at 100mm to get sharp images really!

im also another against selective colour - id like to see the original of this full colour if you dont mind uploading that?

another point that hasnt been mentioned is that you shot this at 100mm at 1/25 shutter speed - you should be shooting at least 1/150 at 100mm to get sharp images really!

im also another against selective colour - id like to see the original of this full colour if you dont mind uploading that?

hi ill try and uplaod it for you later :)

I'm not one for selective colour either I'm afraid. Apart from it being a bit of a gimmick, it also takes away the focus from the subject and makes your audience think too much about the processing. I'm looking at that photo and thinking "oh they've edited it", not "oh what an interesting expression that little girl has". It could be a little sharper (probably comes from the slow shutter speed), but otherwise, a good first go. :)

Back