My 1st go!!!!!!

Edit My Images
No
This is my first go and doing photos where the subject is a person. So what do you all think?

1.jpg

2.jpg

hi, had a look at your pictures, and they look ok, but im slightly put off by the facial expressions (1st more than the 2nd), i like the pose in both, i think the 2nd would benefit with a slightly lower crop, as in just above the knee, i also feel the top looks a little low in the 2nd shot.
i like the tree in the forground of the 2nd shot
the lighting looks good, was it natural only?

Thanks very much for the comments. Everything was natural, no flash just the sun :) I didn't choose the facial expressions I let her decide on that one :p I just worked with what I had. Basically I said that if I was going to do people shots they had to be in a area where the landscape set the scene. I wanted person + scenery. I think it works here but maybe when I get more experienced (if I do anymore of these pics) then I will look back and think what rubbish :). Thanks for the comment again

Sorry nope doesnt work for me and I guess for most people hence why you've got no comments.
However I'll say what I see:
The model and the setting dont work together.
She doesnt look very happy and there's no eye contact.
Also it looks like she's got a huge cold sore, I know its not, but it does look it

Hi photo guy
I'm with old git, but for a different reason, the colours clash. green tree, pink skin, purple hair..:shrug:
her attire / colour scheme would look better in an urban environment methinks
just my 2p

You are probably right about the urban environment but I like the vivid colours. But all the comments have been on the model...and nothing on the actual merit of the photo, composition...exposure...

I quite like the settings, i think they both work ok.

2 things:
1stly i'm with the others on this: its the expressions that let these pics down, not really what you've done so much, her lips just look a bit strange (not because of the stud, just some strange pouting).

2ndly: maybe put the lovely lady a bit further to the left in each of the frames, thereby applying the rule of thirds a bit better. Either that or make sure she's bang in the middle. at the moment it looks like u weren't really sure about where to place the interest.

But they are great for a first try, keep it up!

Back