My 1st Goodwood MM

Name
Scott
Edit My Images
No
Wow, what an event. my first, but by no means my last. So many fantastic cars and drivers, and some great photographic opportunities (which I dont think I fully embraced on this first visit). Here are some images from the many I took, which I'd welcome any constructive feedback upon. Tried some of the extremely slow shutter speed stuff so successfully demonstrated by others on this forum, and reasonably happy with the results. Cheers for now. Scott

2022_04_09-9905 by Scott Downes, on Flickr

2022_04_09-0456 by Scott Downes, on Flickr

2022_04_09-0663 by Scott Downes, on Flickr

2022_04_09-0904 by Scott Downes, on Flickr

2022_04_09-1316 by Scott Downes, on Flickr

2022_04_09-1477 by Scott Downes, on Flickr

2022_04_09-1574 by Scott Downes, on Flickr

2022_04_10-2628 by Scott Downes, on Flickr

Thanks Peter, glad you liked them

Thanks Matty. Been really inspired by your work, its shown me a new way to approach my motorsport photography which had become a bit "vanilla".
Good to hear that mate, I just get enjoyment from trying to push myself, there’s nothing wrong with vanilla though, the main factor is ensuring you get enjoyment while shooting and that you’re happy with the results when you get them exported. Glad to hear that though, but in light of these, I think you’re doing a grand job

Really nice varied set. Particularly like the slow shutter Jordan 193 shot, the B&W shot and the fact that you caught a camera flash in your New Man 962 shot.

Love the variety here and some really cool angles. I'd probably sacrifice a bit of blur to sharpen the subjects up a little when panning subjects that aren't parallel to you, the backgrounds at Goodwood are generally nice and clean (or at least acceptable) so not too distracting.

I'm a sucker for flare so I do love the Porsche Rothmans shot :)

Back