My 1st piccys

Edit My Images
No
My first ever piccys on this forum, be kind...
All these have been taken with a Kodak DX4530, it's nothing special as i'm just starting out...

100_0284.jpg

100_0249Small.jpg

100_0251Small.jpg

cant see any m8 ?

MyPix

i like the colour of the sky on the first shot, maybe a portrait shot would have generated more drama with that, try cropping it to portrait..

not keen on 2, its just lots of sea, maybe a better angle would have worked better, not sure really...

3 is ok, though the camera has focsed on the rock in the foreground, that loses a bit of drama to me, again, better composition would have made a big difference to an otherwise good shot, the foreground distracts alot for me

not seeing 4 for some reason, big space, but no image...

does your camera have the option to lay a grid on the screen?

The top shot is great and I love th colours and cloud formation.

The other shots seem to suffer from it being a bad day weather wise :( Also the framing is a little off as EosD mentions. Keep snapping tho as that perfect pic is only a shutter click away !!!

The colour on the sky in the first shot is great and would form an excellent background to some interesting foreground subject matter. The problem with this picture is without sounding rude, is that standard everyday rooftops are not great subjects. Think of it this way, how many people do you know that would ever think of hanging up a picture of a few rooftops even if photographed against a stunning background?

This is where the work comes in, to capture great photographs you have to get out and about and find the shots, they usually cannot be caught from your garden or through a bedroom window. Usually you don’t have to go far though, if you have a small park near you, a leafless tree shot as a silhouette against that sky would have made a stunning shot. A single bench or even better, a bench with someone sat on it again would form a great foreground subject. You just need to think a little and be prepared to work a little harder, will a small amount of effort the standard of photography will really improve.

The other shots are suffering from the curse of Mother Nature. Some days you just can’t get a single shot that works due to circumstances out of our control. The weather and lighting are a photographer’s best allies and enemies at the same time.

We have all been there so please don’t take this as a bashing of your work, my comments are offered to try to help you improve. Keep at it and post your pictures along the way, we are happy to offer you advice and critique.

Back