My 1st real Wedding!

Edit My Images
Yes
Hi Guys,

Something out of my comfort zone!!! was asked last year by a friend at work to cover there wedding.. i said no a few times but she pleaed with me so thought id give it ago.

The Wedding was a few months ago so i thought id share some images.

The Bride and groom where more than happy with the pictures possibly because i charged peanuts haha.

I'm not to sure if its something I want to get into but for a one off or maybe one or two a year I don't mind doing it.

A lot more pressure than shooting cars i tell you that!

some more of the set are here

https://www.flickr.com/photos/simmyphotography/sets/72157648399166032/

15449387555_f3e7b8709d_h.jpg

15426355076_17addcdea5_h.jpg
314_6257 by SimmyPhotography, on Flickr

15449428915_ddf5f49229_h.jpg

15262812578_d0d4a229c8_b.jpg

15449395315_27b38ba4f2_b.jpg

15262810748_84e02fd2fd_h.jpg

314_5899 by SimmyPhotography, on Flickr

BE GENTLE! lol

Don't be so modest! I think they're excellent! Just those few tell a nice story. Well done :)

nice enough but surely second one (flowers) needs popping and arrrgh chopping feet off in third completly ruins what would have been a great picture.. Cant understand why the peopel above me are saying these are all great when that is so ruined :( the 4 males with the glasses is a rather odd crop as well.. too much space above for a wide crop IMHO

First pic is a peach though and the others are a good job :)

I dont think the 3rd one is ruined coz there are no feet in it. I didnt even notice until you said. No one is interested in their feet. OK, maybe its not what the texts books say but it hardly ruins the pic.

Good first effort. Like the first and last shots.
The one with the mirror would be much better if her face was seen in the mirror, in my opinion.

1, 2 & 4 here for me are really nice. The third, as said is a shame about the feet being cut off indeed, although I am not sure the pose/whatever works for me with the rope but that's just a personal thing.

I dont think the 3rd one is ruined coz there are no feet in it. I didnt even notice until you said.

strange.. stands out a mile to me... horrible.... might just be me then :)

Tbh I agree about cutting the feet off. Not bad cropping just rubbish framing on my part. Live n learn tho cheers for all feed back. The rope thing was just there personality's wasn't staged tbh there was a rope on floor And they put it round his neck. Lol

Not a lot wrong with that lot AFAIC, but in case you do decide to do another (and another!) ...

Couple on bench - to be really picky, as this is a formal shot, I'd clone out that sunlight on his leg and also the chain, which is more than a bit incongruous. A dyed-in-the-wool trad snapper would also want his right hand to be on her right forearm, but it works for me as it is.

Shoes + bouquet - lovely, and always good to get two for the price of one.

I hate cheesy stuff like this, but fair enough if they like it. What I don't understand though is why you shot it landscape and cut the bottom off rather than doing the obvious and shoot it portrait.

Dressing table shot - seeing as how it's a set-up, she needed to tilt the mirror back a bit so you got her face in it. BTW, for a shot like this in future, always check for bra straps - looks naff if you leave it in and can be a PITA to zap in PS.

Doing-up-the-dress - meh. It's boring, but even if it wasn't, most brides won't like that shot - and the reason why is the extra pair of hands at the top. To most women, that will imply they were having a job squeezing her into the frock. It would have been better to wait until the buttoner-upper had got far enough up for the closer-upper to clear off. But only a bride or a wedding snapper would pick that up ;)

Me and my dog - OK, a purist would dock you 5 points for the cropped l/h edge of the frock, but what's not to like? Good expression well caught, the framing of her head's spot on and even the dog looks cool.

Hip flasks shot - if you'd got the missing hand in it would have been impossible to improve that shot, but it works for me as it is. Nicely caught.

And the last one's boring as hell but nicely done anyhow.

In short, they're fine. Improving on that standard will involve adjusting your brain from photography to wedding photography, and part of that involves understanding brides, as well as a bunch of other stuff which really only comes with experience.

Nice one :)

I like them, but then I would as its quite punchy and vibrant and thats a similar style to the way I like to shoot and process :)

Really nice set, looking expertly done.

What lighting did you use on them?

Back