My 1st Sigma Lens.

Name
Tim
Edit My Images
No
Having a great interest in macro I bought a new Sigma 150mm f/2.8 APO Macro DG and it arrived today.. :woot:

I have always had Canon lenses up to now but read so many good reviews about this Sigma lens I just had to have one.
(Watch out dod.. :D )

As the weather is total zilch at the moment I have only tried a couple of indoor shots tonight to test it. So far so good.. :)

sigma-box.jpg

claws.jpg

claw-cropped.jpg

ooooh, I want one, that looks nice :clap: :kewlpics:

Sigma really do have some quality glass out just now.

Joe T said:
Lovely and sharp aint it!

I have the 105mm version. :)

Yes I know Joe, Saw your thread on the other site.. :suspect1:

Have you any keepers you fancy showing us from your lens.. :cool:

Hi Jamey, How is the macro doing.. :)

Hope you don't mind Jamey, Look at the Bokeh on this shot of yours for those who havent seen it.. :shock:

Simply amazing.. :clap:

40.jpg

Those nails need cutting ;) Macro seems a good choice for those winter days.

It certainly is producing the goods there, seems like you have got a great copy of that lens. Unfortunatley you will have no excuses for poor quality macro shots in the future now ;)

Steve said:
It certainly is producing the goods there, seems like you have got a great copy of that lens. Unfortunatley you will have no excuses for poor quality macro shots in the future now ;)

Thats right Steve.. :D

I have set myself a goal now by trying to match dod with his excellent samples.. :dizzy:

busterboy said:
I have set myself a goal now by trying to match dod with his excellent samples.. :dizzy:

You're a braver man than me, there is nothing like setting yourself high standards. :shock:

Had another indoor play tonight using a Kenko 36mm Extension ring between the body and lens.. :whistle2:

I will get more creative in time.. :smilenod:

Modem.
modem.jpg

Weatherglass.
weatherglass.jpg

Fire.
fire.jpg

busterboy said:

I remember saying in another post that the real trick to good macro was getting the film plane parallel to the subject. See how there is softening of the image at the left-hand edge of the image?
It's a kick in the nuts when you're using 120 or 5x4 format film, I can tell you...

Back