My 1st Wild Otter

• Thread starter Deleted member 34016
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 34016

Caught on a large expanse of water on the Ham Wall RSPB reserve, Nr Glastonbury in Somerset,around 10 miles from my home Nr Taunton.

I was looking for dragon flies when I saw a brief glimpse of this lovely creature, I set the focus on the bank and waited as he appeared to be swiming towards me as I sat very very still

Not the best image I agree , but still very exciting for me to see and Photograph the elusive Otter :eek: I only managed the one shot, he must have heard the shutter and was off like shot :D Never saw him again although I sat there for almost an hour :D

DSC02568 Otter Ham Wall by Les Moxon Photography, on Flickr

Sigma 150-500mm @ f8- 1/200 sec ISO 400

thanks for looking

Les (y)

Thank you Lee, Im going back again today, see if I can snap some more

Les :D

Works for me!
I know there are some near Wimborne, must go back to see.

That's a really nice capture (y)

Great shot I think. I love his almost comical pose.

Appreciate you posting your settings etc too. Thanks.

Thank all for the kind words- I really do appreciate them :D

Les (y)

Thank you John, that means a lot coming from our resident Otter expert (y)

Les ;)

Thank you both Laurence & Tara- I appreciate you taking the time to comment

(y)Excellent capture Les.(y)

Thank you Mark & Paul, comments appreciated

Les (y)

Nowt wrong with that sir.

It is a wonderful experience to see them in the wild. Its about only of the only creatures i dont mind waiting around for, Definatly worth the wait, Even if sometimes you only get to see them for a few seconds sometimes

Thanks guys- Ive been back on 2 seperate occasions now waited for 3 hours both times and saw absolutley ZILCH :(

I'll keep trying though

Hi Les

You say it's not the best image. I disagree. I think it's a cracker. Something a little bit different.

Gaz

Hi Les

You say it's not the best image. I disagree. I think it's a cracker. Something a little bit different.

Gaz

Not my Best image thats for certain, I had seconds to grab this shot, so I did not have the chance to adjust aperture or shutter speed, Im glad you like it though- thank you for the comments Gaz.

Les (y)

Don't know how I missed this
Cracking image Les (y)

Great capture, one of those special moments I doubt you'll
forget in a hurry!

Thanks Cobra - Tony & Kevin, comments most welcome

Les (y)

Back