My 2008 (first 6 months photography)

lukewoodford

FYI, I am Luke Woodford.....by Luke Woodford
Name
Luke Woodford
Edit My Images
No
Ok at request here is my 2008, but really it starts from July, as thats when I decided I was going to buy a camera and become photographer. Ill be honest, ive never had a "love" for taking pictures but have enjoyed taking snaps. Cayley and I sat down over a meal one day and thought about posibilities of the best business for me (I cant work for other people :)) Ive always been creative, I love trying to better myself, im good with people and its cheap to set up (compared to all my other ideas) to name a few reasons.

So here I am 6 months on and I never realised how much I would fall in love with it, its very much a struggle on the business side of things but im happy with my work so business can only grow.

Also a big thank you to all the people that have helped and given me advice on Talk Photography. I would have been 10 times harder without this place and I would not have got the results you see here.

I have posted 2 from each month as there are only 6 months.

This is my 2008:

July
This was the first time I had used my camera on people properly. This was a friends band at the local theatre in Eastbourne.
GIG024_edited-1.jpg

This was my first shoot with Cayley, I still really like this shot.
Cayletshoot2163.jpg

August
One of my fave shots of Cayley, she should be a model :)
Cayleyshoot3047.jpg

We went for a day trip to Camber Sands, not too successful as I learnt how harsh the sun can be
Paulashoot1069.jpg

September
Things started to happen, I did my first wedding. I love this photo.
Wedding1086.jpg

My first paid shoot
Kalishoot167.jpg

October
I did lots this month, some great shoots to promote myself. My neice
Jasmineshoot139-1.jpg

Dom
Domshoot1087-1.jpg

November
Jean
Jeneshoot063.jpg

My second paid shoot
Aston1173-1.jpg

November
I didn't do any shoots because the weather was so cold and everyone was thinking about Christmas. So I decided to try some other things, like landscape and street. This is from my trip up North.
YorkshireTrip081-2_-3_.jpg

Lloyds Building
London2192-2_-3_.jpg

Thanks for looking, I know some of them might not be to everyones taste but they are some of my faves :)

Last edited:
Great set and great year... errr... half year.

And you're right, Cayley should definitely model. I love the shot of the bride as well, classic classic!

My favorite from the year isn't here though. lol I like the one of Jean where she's in the window pane or whatever? Holding her arms between her legs I believe. Sexy shot that is.

Didn't you have two models for one of those shoots on the sands? I am sure there is an image of another model that I thought was a stonker at the time. Well done on the progress to date.

Great set and great year... errr... half year.

And you're right, Cayley should definitely model. I love the shot of the bride as well, classic classic!

My favorite from the year isn't here though. lol I like the one of Jean where she's in the window pane or whatever? Holding her arms between her legs I believe. Sexy shot that is.

Oh yeah I know the one you mean, thats one of my faves but there were alot to chose from from that set!

Didn't you have two models for one of those shoots on the sands? I am sure there is an image of another model that I thought was a stonker at the time. Well done on the progress to date.

Cheers Russ, yeah I did, Cayleys friend Paula but I look back now and im not happy with any of the images, the sun was just too harsh in them, I didnt know much about lighting at the time.

Nice one Luke!

Very impressive semi year there mate. I wish you the best with 09 dude!

T.

I love no 1, but they're all really good. I'm new to photography as well and i'd be chuffed to get images as good as any of yours.

WOW! You got very good, very fast.

I really love your post processing techniques. Is this all self taught, or have you used presets of some sort and then tweaked them how you like them? In particular on 5, 8 and 9?

Well done :)

I do enjoy your work and your processing Luke. Good luck with the next year.

Wow you can really see the progression, and all that in six months. Well done! That really inspiring(y)

You are meant to photograph, keep at these as are great and the Dom shot I think is pretty special, so many would have made that mono but I think it's just great as is. :clap:

Are yes I think I have seen this one before now, very good too ;)

wow, wish i could learn all that in 6 months.
i enjoy the people shots more, but i like creativity too.

Back