My 3 day old daughter

Name
Alan
Edit My Images
Yes
Introducing you all to Amber Rose Thorpe, Born 20-02-12.

i knew i wanted to try these shots, Haven't came out as well as i'd hoped but sill descent enough to go on the wall, struggling abit with the skin tones etc.

but this is also the first time i've used my lencarta smartflash kit and firt real go with studio flash work! got alot to learn i think!!!

anyway, what do you think everyone?

6924130105_ce4bee6642_z.jpg

6924135057_068fe9074b_z.jpg

Congratulation on your new arrival, 20/2 is a great day, my middle ones birthday. I love the shots, as you say skin tones are a little different but still lovey shots.

many many congratulations on your new arrival, she looks utterly adorable!!!
skin looks a little pink on my screen, and lighting a bit too even.
However, looks like you have the perfect model to practice on, and what an awesome hat! :)
x

Thanks to you both, i'm using a lencarta smartflash with a shoot through umbrella and a soft box on the rhs, both quite close to the subject so that may explay ''too even'' lighting.

any tips etc are more than welcome!

Nice, and congratulations! Enjoy every day, my daughter is 4 and it only feels like yesterday that she was born, time absolutely flies.

thanks again, planning on getting as much practice as possible to get the shots i want as this is our last (2nd) child.

ok had another little play and came up with this, din't want to start a whole new thread for basically the same pic, wouldn't say its 'better' than the original but its still a nice photo

i like it because the skin looks smoother. something i've not mastered yet in lightroom 3

6926100521_3215a1e363_z.jpg

Last edited:
Congratulations, no feeling in the world quite like it is there!

If anything I'd say a touch flat/under on the lighting but I do tend to shoot on the upper end of the histogram in studio.

Great hat :)

I am still not sure you have got the best out of the photos yet. Have you tried reducing the saturation on the coloured ones and maybe also converting to black and white to see what they look like? Also I wondered what a crop of the second would be like, taking out some of the blanket at the bottom.
She is gorgeous and I get the feeling with a slightly different processing the pictures could be stunning.

A lovely start! She's a cutie! when you try some more, try not to have a black background, I find it very harsh on newborns, if the blanket she is on is big enough try clipping it up behind her to create a backdrop that way. it's all about the editing too, I would soften her a little and drop the saturation. Also (and please don't take offence if you already know this, I know you wouldn't do anything to risk your little one) remember that many of the cutest newborn poses are often photoshopped composites, even when very tiny they can suddenly move and take a tumble if they are not supported at all times.

Found them oh she is just too sweet.. congratulation Alan and great to know that you made it home..

Terri

Hi Alan,

What a cute little one. She is a tad too red as others have pointed.
Hope you don't mind my quick edit
a.jpg

Back