My 350D to 40D(refurbed) Experience So Far.

Name
Sami
Edit My Images
Yes
Well, I've been shooting with the 350D for over a year and a half and it was my first (D)SLR. I loved it and it certainly served my admirably.

Yesterday I took delivery of a 40D from Canon Outlet on ebay and it was a refurbed item. The 40D came in the original box with a small sticker that showed it is a Canon Refurbished item. The body itself is in absolutely FLAWLESS condition, not a mark, rub, scratch... NOTHING anywhere. Impossible to tell from new. I paid on Saturday, it arrived via courier on Tuesday. And the communication with Canon Outlet was superb, highly recommended.

The 40D is absolutely fantastic!! I've never even held any other DSLR apart from my 350D and it is just brilliant. It makes the 350D look and feel like a toy. My 24-70L looked cartoonish on my un-gripped 350D but it looks and feels much better balanced on the 40D.

My 24-70L was great on the 350D but is even better on the 40D. I think my copy of the 40D and 24-70L happen to be better calibrated towards each other because it is even sharper across the entire focal range, especially the wide end.

And one great thing, especially this time of year, is that everything is so laid out better that I can use everything on it even whilst still wearing my fleece gloves. That's something I couldn't do with the 350D. My hands are very grateful. :D

Congrats and enjoy. They really are great, build and handling are superb. No way I would part with mine a few months in.

Well done on the new camera I went from the 350D to the 40D am really happy with it
Pete

This lens is absolutely singing on the 40D. I'm surprised how much better everything looks, I wasn't expecting any real difference at all.

And the ISO... oh the ISO!! beautiful.

This lens is absolutely singing on the 40D. I'm surprised how much better everything looks, I wasn't expecting any real difference at all.

And the ISO... oh the ISO!! beautiful.

I agree about the condition of "stuff" from the referb shop.
I bought a compact ( A570is) from them and couldn't tell it from new apart from the sticker either so a (y) for them.
You should also ( amoungst other things) notice the natural colours from the "up-dated" sensor.
enjoy your new toy

And the difference in the shutter sound too...........KERLUNK!!:woot:

Oooo how exciting and just what I want to hear having just upgraded (recieved today and it's still in it's box although the battery is charged ready for tonight) to a 40D from a 400D :D

Are you taking your 350 out too and comparing shots like for like? I am considering it but think the excitement will overule!

Oooo how exciting and just what I want to hear having just upgraded (recieved today and it's still in it's box although the battery is charged ready for tonight) to a 40D from a 400D :D

Are you taking your 350 out too and comparing shots like for like? I am considering it but think the excitement will overule!

No I haven't done the comparisons yet, don't know if I will even bother. I KNOW the 40D is better, I can see straight away and I haven't even done any processing yet, just jpegs. I only just downloaded the updated CS3 RAW driver software.

Welcome to the 'happy 40D owners club'.! I too went from the 350D to the 40D after holding one at Focus last year. Yep, the specs and all that were great, and the reviews were good, but once it's in your mits... ohhh.

I would comment at this point that the excitement jumping up from the 350D to 40D, was just the same for my mate who bought my 350D, as he has now moved up from a point-and-shoot to his first DSLR, and he is over the moon!

As Yaz said.. "the only way is up". :woot:

I think from what i have read it may be time to invest in a 40D.
I may have to sell my new lens first,not sure what to do,Canon EF 100-400mm F4.5-5.6 L IS USM ,only had it out once,cant find a need for it really.:(

It makes the 350D look and feel like a toy...

Exactly what I thought going from a 400D to a 40D a couple of months ago. Everything just seems better on the 40D, and the high ISO noise performance is in a different league. I was always looking enviously at better cameras when I had my 400D, but I'm perfectly happy with what I've got now. Enjoy it, it's an excellent camera.

can only echo what everone else has said
350 to canon outlet refurb 40d, wish i had done it sooner, great camera

You got a link to the seller you used?.:)

Yeah the Canon outlet seem to be doing a good job, just wish they'd sell the items for buy it now prices though!

Still, more revenue for them as the buyers get caught up in the bidding wars :)

Thanks RKC,(y)

Had a look but their negs scare me a bit.:eek:

Back